DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The GFW private event was a card for the members of both teams playing in the Music City Bowl (Nebraska and Tennessee)

Your call on if that makes it worse

Oh, that's what that meant. During the game, one of the Nebraska players went for a pinfall attempt on a Tennessee player and the commentator mentioned something about them copying the wrestling match from the other night, I thought it was a reference to people being pinned during the Hardy compound stuff, since it also happened in a field.

20 hours ago, BEN! said:

Stronger branding.  They're almost 15 years in with that name.  No matter what, people will still refer to it as 'TNA'.  Someone hits a highspot, fans will chant 'TNA'.  They do anything stupid, 'LOLTNA'.  I don't buy that their stupid name has held them back any.  Under the 'TNA Wrestling' banner, they were actually profitable and had licensees with merchandise carried in big box retailers.  You could've gone to Toys 'R Us at one time and purchased a 'TNA Wrestling' Homicide action figure.

If anything, I'd shitcan the 'Impact Wrestling' branding.  Hogan/Bischoff screwed up TNA's brand identity and retarded that company worse than all the retarded booking ever did.

What are you smoking? TNA was Tits and Ass long before a wrestling company decided it was a good idea to try and play off the same name. The brand is dead. The brand has been dead or nearly non-existent outside of a tiny bubble, where it is primarily mocked. 10 years of no one giving a shit about it is a terrible reason to keep it. Even Blackwater knew to change their name after it became toxic. Keeping any of those names keeps that failure stench attached. Marketing 101 would say, rebrand.

• Like 1

If only there was some way of knowing what your options are, when you have an inferior product in an aggressive marketplace. Oh, wait:

• Like 3

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic