DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

TNA is a promotion built for comps. Some great scattered matches, moments, and stars made all the more impressive when you remove them from their disappointing context.

They just lack the business sense to really capitalize on this. It's weird when a wrestling PROMOTION has no idea how to promote itself (outside of Britain and India).

i don't think TNA will ever die. It's moribund visage will live forever making unfathomable mistakes until everything we know is swallowed by our bloating sun.

I dunno, I think the vultures are circling at a very fast pace now. Too many fingers in not enough pie. Too many part-owners, not including the state of Tennessee, who are clawing for some sort of return on investment and are willing to take every sellable resource to get it.

• Like 1

Dixie Carter might be the one person on earth whom the GOP could've made their nominee and be as awful, incompetent and tainted as the person who they did nominate. That's quite an acomplishment if you stop and think about it.

There are times it seems TNA was some sort of spoof of a wrestling promotion that would show up as a gag on 30 Rock or something...

At this point maybe Dixie can sell her own story to Lifetime for an original movie or be on Pawn stars or something. I mean she so desperately wants to be "Basic Cable Famous"

James

24 minutes ago, J.H. said:

There times it seems TNA was some sort of spoof wrestling promotion that would show up as a gag on 30 Rock or something...

At this point maybe Dixie can sell her own story to Lifetime for an original movie or be on Pawn stars or something. I mean she so desperately wants to be "Basic Cable Famous"

James

She may end up on Pawn Stars hocking everything she owns to pay off all the lawsuits.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Their headquarters in Nashville?

Thought it was rented.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

She may end up on Pawn Stars hocking everything she owns to pay off all the lawsuits.

"Lady, I got a stack of title belts in the back. I'll give you fifty bucks." She'd make more money staring on xxxpawn.com

When the state of Tennessee finally seizes TNA's assets, I wish I could sit in the warehouse as they're going through everything and trying to assess the value:

Tennessee Tax Examiner #1: Who the fuck is So Cal Val?  

Tennessee Tax Examiner #2: I dunno, but so far I count at least 10,000 autographed photos of her in these crates.  And there has to be at least 30,000 autographed photos of this 'Rockstar Spud' guy.

Part of me thinks that somewhere in the warehouse is money that Dixie was supposed to use to pay wrestlers, staff, and everyone else basically put inside unbought Aces & Eights merchandise.  Like how some people savings account is putting cash in a mattress.   But it being Dixie she forgot she did it 

22 hours ago, DTTW said:

So if TNA was rented production, besides merch, the master tapes, and the physical ring, what else do they own that the state could grab? I'm blanking. Production trucks? I doubt the state wants rights to something called TNA.

They do own the rights to a few ring names. Like The Austin Starr, and Max and Jeremy Buck, Generation Me. So that's something at least :)

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

They do own the rights to a few ring names. Like The Austin Starr, and Max and Jeremy Buck, Generation Me. So that's something at least :)

God - I feel so dumb for forgetting that and now it makes the Matt Hardy tag team invite even more amusing to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

Could Tennese take the tape library then turn around and hold an auction or sale to make back the tax money that claim?

They've already sold "some" of the tape library to The Fight Network to get the money for the last tapings so they've already devalued it some even though it's TNA and the value isn't exactly there to begin with. 

If the state really wanted to they could step in front of any sale of the company. They could grab bank accounts. They could also send out notices to any company that might owe tna money (such as ppv revenue from a cable company) to direct funds to them.

It seems like the inevitable end of this sordid tale is bankruptcy, isn't it? Then the court can sell off everything sellable to high bidder and split the money between the seemingly thousands of groups, people and governments with their hands out.

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

They've already sold "some" of the tape library to The Fight Network to get the money for the last tapings so they've already devalued it some even though it's TNA and the value isn't exactly there to begin with. 

Depends on what she sold him.  For all we know, she sold Fight Network matches from Jeff Hardy's first run, or some Phi Slamma Jamma matches.  That would increase the value of what's left.

I feel like this ends the way ECW did. With Vince essentially buying them out of bankruptcy court for just the party of the debt. Debtors get some money, Vince gets the tapes, Dixie doesn't lose every cent she has, the talent gets screwed.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 3:12 PM, TheVileOne said:

Were they really getting paid five years ago?  From all the horror stories I've heard, TNA has been pulling this late payment garbage for quite some time.  I mean I clearly remember a story from Chris Daniels and Kazarian talking about how they were upset when they expressed their disappointment that TNA brass was sending $2,000 checks to charity but they still couldn't pay their own workers on time.

5 years ago they had house shows, TV being paid for by Spike, and the Carters hadn't cut Dixie off yet. Plus, they had been profitable not long before that.