DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Basically what folks were able to figure out via the court records that are available (I saw this per Bix but I think it is what Omega was talking about too) - that Fight Network's parent company is who funded the last TV tapings

Oh and Dixie personally owes Billy Corgan money

Meltzer said that he knows there are guys currently under contract to TNA prepared to declare themselves Free Agents next week because they are fairly confident that TNA will not pay them (they are supposed to be paid tomorrow - the 15th)

And if TNA doesn't pay the guys with guaranteed deals - it breaches all their contracts

10 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The religion angle is far from the worst idea.  Turn Broken Matt/Brother Nero into traveling evangelists fighting the Decay demons from Hell. Maria as Jezebel. See if Aron Rex can pull off a lead apostle act.  I say go for it.

I'm not a religious guy, but I would be a follower if this came to be.  What's not to love?  Crazy Hardys, a hot Jezebel, Decay demons?  Sounds like a good time to me.

I'm tickled pink by the idea that all this shit is going down but they already have the shows this year in the can.  So on TV everything's fine, but there's so much wackiness that is kind of hilarious.  This might be one of the biggest dumpster fires that oddly doesn't have its own thread.

And here I am still following Dixie just to see how far she melts.  So far she's hyping the shows, but when it really hits the fan I'm hoping she just goes batshit crazy for my amusement.  I'm almost entertaining the idea of following TNAMecca just to see how much they're into "Everything's fine!!!!!!" territory.  But thankfully common sense took over.

4 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

TNAMecca is, however, into "nah, this is just a work" territory. 

Ah, that's no fun,  I wanted full meltdown from them.  But when they realize the reality of the situation boy is that going to be delightful.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer said that he knows there are guys currently under contract to TNA prepared to declare themselves Free Agents next week because they are fairly confident that TNA will not pay them (they are supposed to be paid tomorrow - the 15th)

And if TNA doesn't pay the guys with guaranteed deals - it breaches all their contracts

In other news, Bram has just signed a multi-year contract extension with Impact Wrestling!

• Like 7

If that's true about ENO, that's insane. Even crazier than complaining on here about the time he got pulled over for a DUI, even though he was driving over the limit. THAT'S WHAT THE FUCKING DUI IS FOR.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If that's true about ENO, that's insane. Even crazier than complaining on here about the time he got pulled over for a DUI, even though he was driving over the limit. THAT'S WHAT THE FUCKING DUI IS FOR.

Just saw the first 20 tweets from him.  Holy fuck, I don't know what to say.  I almost feel Dixie needs a restraining order against the guy.  Actually yes, yes she very much needs a restraining order against the guy.

EDIT:  There's a particular tweet from June 24, 2015 that I'm not posting here.  It's about Dixie getting slammed and my eyes needs to be heavily sanitized after reading that.  Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!  Sorry, but this can't possibly be a joke account, can it?

7 minutes ago, Stevie Ray Von Erich said:

Y'all, very clearly a parody account. Come on, now.

I'm sure as shit hoping so.  But with social media you never know with some of the humanoids that inhabit Twitter.  If it's supposed to be a parody account it's not funny to me.  But hey, if that's how he passes the time then more power to him.

• Like 1

Per Bix on Twitter, The State of Tennessee has filed tax liens against TNA.

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tna-unpaid-taxes-tennessee-strikes-back/

TNA’s financial issues are even more dire than previously thought, as unlikely as that may sound. We already knew that there are multiple lawsuits pending, a restraining order believed to be designed to stop the company from selling shares again, a dispute over music rights, and debt owed to various entities who funded the recent tapings. Yet there is still plenty of room for more.

On Friday morning, I confirmed with the Davidson County Register of Deeds that the State of Tennessee issued a tax lien against TNA Entertainment LLC about five weeks ago on September 8th. While the listing for the lien in some online databases has the debt recorded as “$0,” that is because some public record search companies misread the Register of Deeds not recording the amount of the lien.

Essentially, what this means is that TNA owes a lot of taxes to the state of Tennessee, to the point that the state now has the right to seize TNA property if the debt is not repaid. While the wrestling company is now operating under the newer Impact Ventures LLC company that was formed this year, Tennessee tax law covers successor companies. If someone actually buys the company, potential scenarios include TNA/majority owner Dixie Carter having to take a lower sale price so as to pay off the lien, or the new owners risking the scenario where Tennessee goes after them for the tax liability.

It’s up to the state whether or not to assert its rights and start seizing assets from TNA. While the restructuring as Impact Ventures LLC increases the distance from the original debt and thus requires more work by the state to collect, it can still do so. Tennessee would just have to assess a lien against Impact Ventures and, if it got that far, a buyer as well. However, the state cannot go after a successor for more than the purchase price.

• Like 1