DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On September 14, 2016 at 7:40 PM, kafkonia said:

I went to check that out, and while I got to the site no problem, I did notice that they offer "free shiping" (sic).

They also once billed someone on their site as being from "Parks Unknown". And it wasn't Abyss. 

Well again - that is from the NY Post and an interview with Billy Corgan so I believe none of it 

And when asked about the claim that TNA was worth $40 million - Meltzer tweeted "No one is paying $40 million for TNA - drop a zero"

From the WON wrestling show

- Everyone assumed the Nazis were going to buy. Problem was they couldn't raise enough capital to do so.

- Dixie is looking for $4 - $6 million for the company (which Dave says he knows for a fact that it is true)

- Somebody needs to have the money by Oct 2 (to fund the next tapings and Bound For Glory - which will be at least $500K)

- According to people "close" no one heard anything about the WWE approaching them to buy

- Sinclair had talked about it a long time ago - mainly more to try to get the TV slots for ROH. But that was a long time ago.

- Dave: "WWE will always get it for the tape library. That is a given." Dave says the going rate for most of the tape librarys (that WWE has bought previously) is $500 a hour. Rough guesstimating would put the price at $700K for the library (most likely it would end up being like a million bucks)

- If no one buys by Oct 2 - the price clearly is going to go down because they won't make their tapings and thus severally hurt (what little value they have). Basically it has to be Billy Corgan

- Missing the tapings doesn't totally kill the company (in theory they could fill their international TV deals with Best ofs and what not)

- It seems that TNA is safe in India at least in regards to Sony Six not wanting to boot them off. They still need to tour India (per their contract) but Sony Six might not enforce that.

- No matter happens when the sale goes through in that you still have to figure out how to make money (the TV deals are basically it and it isn't enough to run the company)

- They haven't gotten any sponsorship money from POP because they haven't gotten any

- They aren't very successful booking their talent on indy shows to make extra money (Lashley, EC3, Moose, Storm are on those deals)

Seeing how the Broken Matt Hardy stuff is the only thing that even draws an interest in TNA, why isn't he in the mix for the World title? Hardy using all his crazy shit to defeat Lashley would would be a lot more fun to watch than Lashley vs. EC3 (even if it's been an all right build). I mean that press conference deal they did on Impact the other night. Just imagine the entire Hardy bunch and Lashley being all WTF.

Hypothetically, if Dixie's out of the picture (or just a TV talent with no power), could Spike TV be back in the picture? Because it would be funny if they said to Billy "Fire Dixie and we're back to funding the promotion".

He'd do it. He's a cold guy.

She trained as a wrestler back when it was FCW but I don't know if she ever actually had a match

And yeah - Mark is right Cody wants to do a program against Miracle and Maria so it is possible they will bring Brandi in to start it

That is assuming they can fund their next tapings

Sucks that TNA is the one wrestling promotion on the planet that has to pay people up front.  I guess Dixie has already used the tried and true indy promoter method of promising to pay everyone out of gate receipts, then sneaking out of the building during the second match?

Edit: No one pays to attend a TNA taping anyway, do they?  CURSES!  FOILED AGAIN!

56 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm not sure why anyone outside of Vince would buy TNA. The only value it has is the library, and the only way I could see someone else buying that is to hold onto it until they get their asking price.

Well, again, Sinclair is looking for it for the TV time slot.

Plus - they would like to put together a 2 hour block of wrestling to sell to advertisers, etc... as apparently that it more appealing (That was in a Torch report from today)

• Like 1

I don't see why someone couldn't turn a profit liquidating production stuff, rings, and merch, then taking taking the library to even the lowest rent streaming service, or TV package it for a foreign market. If I had four million dollars I would get blood from that stone, and I'm no Vincent Kennedy McMahon. 

Do the Byron Allen production plan, where he offers late night syndicated programming to stations for free, then gets a cut of the advertising. Yes, yes, TNA hasn't gotten any advertising during primetime on Pop, but there would be some ad money in late night hours. 

The Pop deal is okay but TNA's real value lies in their litany of international TV deals they've managed to accrue.  And consequently squander by never bothering to tour internationally.  I mean, I know they can't even get their shit together to do anything domestically but the opportunity to at least attempt to make some money is out there.

Bringing in Cody's wife first as 'Brandi Rhodes' feels like an unnecessary attempt to circumvent trademark.  Like they can't bill Cody as 'Cody Rhodes' on TV but together they can bill them as 'Cody and Brandi Rhodes'.

I hope Rosemary pukes in both of their mouths and turns them evil so Stephen Amell has to come in to save the day but Decay are too much for him so he has to team with the Hardys and Matt is excited because he's heard tales of a hero with great powers from Shane Helms.  Then Amell has to explain that he's thinking of Green Lantern and he's Green Arrow and shoots arrows.  "A primitive form of combat.  Not enlightened like fireworks."

"Tell me, what other heroes has your vessel carried?"

"I, uh, recently played Casey Jones."

"The Brave Engineer!"

"No, um, he uses a bat."

"The once great ballplayer!  The Deities had told me he had taken up residence within a large chicken on a farm in Delaware.  His spirit never recovering from that last at bat."

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Maybe I heard Dave wrong...but did he say Corgan paid more for 30% of TNA than most buyers are offering for the entire company? Holy fuck is Corgan a moron if that's true.

Don't assign him a higher level of intelligence because he wrote Disarm.  Remember, he had sex with Courtney Love. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't assign him a higher level of intelligence because he wrote Disarm.  Remember, he had sex with Courtney Love. 

Yeah, but Corgan didn't marry her. I'd have sex with Courtney Love if I had the chance. Would I marry her? Fuck no.