DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I blame all you motherfuckers who bought Siamese Dream back in 1993.  This is some butterfly effect shit.

Bullet with Butterfly Wings Effect.

Which is worse, money from sales of Alice in Chains, STP, and Nirvana cd's funding lethal drug habits or money from SP cd's funding TNA?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bullet with Butterfly Wings Effect.

Which is worse, money from sales of Alice in Chains, STP, and Nirvana cd's funding lethal drug habits or money from SP cd's funding TNA?

It's tough but I'll say the former.  TNA is awful but nobody has died due to their shitty product.  Well, except Candido.  But at least Sunny got a canned ham out of it.  Always a silver lining.

• Like 1

I think if Corgan had given Paul E. a shitload of bank roll and he blew it all on coke and lawsuits and ECW still wound up going the same route of eventual death it still would have been a better deal then what Corgan has got with TNA. 

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

I think if Corgan had given Paul E. a shitload of bank roll and he blew it all on coke and lawsuits and ECW still wound up going the same route of eventual death it still would have been a better deal then what Corgan has got with TNA. 

Probably. Even on it's deathbed, ECW was putting on some really good shows. I'll give TNA credit, their product has gotten significantly better starting around the time of The Final Deletion. 

On 8/12/2016 at 2:55 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's going to be a lot of Smashing Pumpkins touring going on and there's going to be SP songs used in a lot of commercials now to keep the ship afloat.

Just saw this spammed on my Facebook:

http://www.stereogum.com/1894249/billy-corgan-reconciles-with-darcy-discusses-smashing-pumpkins-reunion-rumors/news/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Not surprising. The original lineup will sell more tickets than 1/2 of the original lineup would. James Iha should expect a call any day now. 

Have you seen any recent pictures of D'Arcy Wretzky? Because if you haven't, you really don't want to. Trust me on this.

Those new title belts. I mean, I think I came up with something like in my basic art design class when we were doing two point design or something. How Hard is it to have a World, Television (or perhaps Digital Media at this point), and something for the smaller guys. They have the women and tag it's covered.

Apparently at tonight's One Night Only

tapings - James Storm announced it was his last match with company and he was done.

He hinted he would be "joining a friend soon"

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

tapings - James Storm announced it was his last match with company and he was done.

It was nice of Chris Harris to get him a job at the car wash. 

• Like 16

Two pages of Smashing Pumpkins / TNA references and no Silverfuck joke.  I am disappointed.

I suppose TNA in India can't be all that bad if it leads to more Sonjay Dutt moonsault footstomp finishes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

All kidding aside, adding Beer Money to the tag-team picture in WWE isn't a half bad move.

1/7/16

According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet.com, the reason Storm returned to TNA was because of money. WWE was only willing to offer him a deal that would bring Storm in for less than $100K a year.

TNA wanted him back, so they offered him 2 1/2 times more than what WWE was offering him. He also would get a portion of his merchandise sales. Storm agreed to a two-year deal with TNA.

I guess those TNA contracts are written in dog years.

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

1/7/16

According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet.com, the reason Storm returned to TNA was because of money. WWE was only willing to offer him a deal that would bring Storm in for less than $100K a year.

TNA wanted him back, so they offered him 2 1/2 times more than what WWE was offering him. He also would get a portion of his merchandise sales. Storm agreed to a two-year deal with TNA.

I guess those TNA contracts are written in dog years.

Meltzer has stated that Storm's deal was basically for 150K and he was working what was like the equivalent of 2 weeks a year.

The way Storm said it last night (because his match against Bram was a dark match) was that it was "Contract BS"

Reading the tea leaves - clearly TNA tried to renegotiate the deal (since they couldn't afford it) and Storm said no.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't put anything past TNA though you would figure if they were doing the work/shoot they would have put it on camera

But again - TNA

Maybe the tape machines were rolling? All you have to do is say "earlier, James Storm said" and then show the footage.