DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

21 hours ago, Shawn411 said:

TNA should contact the losers of the UFC bid and try to sell TNA. I am sure they can over price TNA to the Chinese for at least $10 million.

I read that as "TNA should contact the losers of UFC" and thought, that definitely sounds like a Dixie talent recruitment policy.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2016 at 3:59 PM, Shawn411 said:

I always wonder what can a corporation(in the entertainment business) do with TNA. Would they make it even more WWE lite? Would they go the LU or NXT route?

turn it into a sitcom about a failing wrestling promotion that has to get bought out by Nazi investors to survive

4 hours ago, Shawn411 said:

I always wonder what can a corporation(in the entertainment business) do with TNA. Would they make it even more WWE lite? Would they go the LU or NXT route?

Go LU style,  crank the shit up to 11 and treat it a dead seriously as LU does, complete with intact 4th wall.  TNA has been failing at being a poor man's WWE with a massive inferiority complex.  Nothing is going to out WWE Vince, so gotta go in a whole other direction. 

• Like 1

Just since it is a little tough to read

Spoiler

First guy:

"Here's an idea, why not make it a 3 way match between Galloway, EC3 & Lashley #ImpactonPOP

Response: pipe down and watch

Second guy:

How come 90% of the wrestlers in TNA are long haired dudes with beards? #ImpactonPOP

Response: how come 90% of your tweets are stupid?

• Like 2

TNA announced their next tapings will be July 12-14

So I guess that is the new D-day for the promotion (working under the assumption that Billy Corgan isn't fronting the money for all the tapings now)

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Why is Rosemary a better Bray Wyatt than Bray Wyatt is while also being a poor man's Margot Robbie / Harley Quinn?

Courtney Rush is that good. Glad to see someone letting her run with her SMASH wrestling gimmick on prime time.

36 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Back in the 90s, listening to Siamese Dream, did you ever imagine its royalties would be funding the dying breaths of an awful wrestling promotion 20 years later?  The world is funny sometimes.

Was that the album with the 10 minute long song where he included "I feel your pain" and "Bang bang" in the lyrics? I think he showed up at an ECW taping and smashed someone with a guitar soon after that.

27 minutes ago, zev said:

Was that the album with the 10 minute long song where he included "I feel your pain" and "Bang bang" in the lyrics? I think he showed up at an ECW taping and smashed someone with a guitar soon after that.

Ha!  Nope, that was their big album from 1993, which predated ECW by about a year.

• Like 1

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Raziel403 said:

Go LU style,  crank the shit up to 11 and treat it a dead seriously as LU does, complete with intact 4th wall.  TNA has been failing at being a poor man's WWE with a massive inferiority complex.  Nothing is going to out WWE Vince, so gotta go in a whole other direction. 

I still don't grasp how only one other wrestling company on the entire planet figured out they need to be very different than the WWE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Probably not a great idea to start alienating the last 10 or so people still following the promotion.

I can guarantee you they wouldn't treat EN090 like that though.  But that's because abuse is usually only capable of being defined by the abused.

"Idiots."

LU isn't a wrestling company though.  It's a TV show, first and foremost.  It's works for them, I guess.  They can't possibly be making any money but they've at least got a plan for the future and a parent company that backs their vision for now.

TNA just limps along to the next set of tapings trying to get as much footage in the can as they can afford with a clear lack of any long-term vision.

I really want to deride the Twitter stuff but we're in a time where the Presidential candidates engage in the same type of behavior.  I don't feel like I can hold whoever this was, probably Mathews, to a higher standard than the future POTUS.  People not being afraid of getting smacked upside the head for saying something stupid is what's wrong with society anymore.  The least these social media channels could do is implement a dislike button.