DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Nothing worse than hyping a special "live" show, only to be undermined by the network that apparently likes them.  Also nothing worse than trying to make up for it by airing it on another night, head to head with two far superior wrestling shows (I count NXT even though they're on the Network)   By rights they owe TNA more than just doing this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Matt Hardy should donate his brain to science... today.

Science: "Uh, no thanks, we're good."

And Bobby Lashley has apparently re-signed with TNA.  He must have the "Mirror, Mirror" version of Brock's agent, because I don't see how any agent worth a damn could recommend signing with a company whose CFO seems to be publicly on suicide watch.  Unless Bobby wants to get paid in Orbitz gum and unsold copies of that Zwan CD, which is all I imagine they can afford to pay their employees at this point.

• Like 2

Really, Matt's current gimmick would be well-suited for a msnager's role.  There's a lack of wild men and savages these days, so who's the closest substitute?  

Kongo Kong?  Maybe TNA should sign him and have Matt bring him in to destroy Jeff.  You can always put him with Decay after that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ace said:

(Bobby Lashely)'s only other option would be Japan, I'd imagine. WWE wouldn't let him do Bellator, and the company still has the same people who his wife quit over.

They split up six years ago. Right after the Steiner feud, actually.

Per a random Meltzer post on the WON message board

Storm got $150,000 from TNA to re-sign so Lashley got AT LEAST that

Clearly the top flight guys are the first ones paid as you never hear about them being the ones being behind on pay

Also from WON

At the same time, TNA is in negotiations for big money deals. One wrestler whose contract is coming due was offered a six-figure deal by TNA to come in and be a top star. The person is expected to take a lower WWE offer. New TNA champion Bobby Lashley was signed to a new deal this week, and it was expected that the other key deals, Drew Galloway, Matt & Jeff Hardy, were going to be negotiated at TV this week. The deals TNA is looking for would be where TNA would have exclusivity and book the talent to independent promoters. Galloway works a heavy independent schedule, while the Hardys make huge money on independent shows not just for wrestling but for merchandise, autographs and photos, so giving up those rights would be very significant money. Lashley is still under contract to Bellator so his deal couldn’t be exclusive, and he’s been working on a regular basis with Elite Lucha Libre in Mexico.

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

HHH ruthlessly raiding TNA has been a joy to watch.   So... who is it?

I'm guessing:  EC3, Spud, or Drew...  roughly in that order. 

The phrasing makes it sound like it was a WWE talent whose contract was coming due, not a TNA one, since it says they were offered the contract by TNA to "come in and be a top star."

• Like 1

From the phrasing I would rather say it's someone who's neither with TNA nor WWE at the moment.

Is there anyone in ROH who TNA would throw this much money at?

I know that Roderick Strong's contract is supposedly up soon and he might leave, but I don't know, if TNA would see him as a potential big star for the company.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Maybe that upcoming free agent is Moose?

12 minutes ago, nate said:

Micky Knuckles?

I think it's this guy:

rockBull.jpg

Vince is leaving money on the table if he doesn't repackage Rusev and Lana as Boris and Natasha.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

But does Lashley even want to sell gold bars?

I'm picturining Lashley dancing around to this. I went with the Primus version since Primus makes everything better. 

• Like 1