DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Back to the circling drain:  

TNA cancelled their tapings for 6/16 & 6/17 because they can't afford them.  They run out of material for Pop on 7/5.  

Ms. Carter says she expects to have investors or a buyer lined up by then so they can continue business as usual.  (lol)

article-2317751-198C6106000005DC-84_634x

Just to clarify on a couple of points - here is what Dave wrote in the most recent WON

Movement has been slow regarding any deals to influx new money to the company, nor have any of the key people been signed to the new deals they’ve tried to get them to sign. The good news is they are advertising tapings in Orlando from 6/13 to 6/15, after the 6/12 PPV show, which means they did have the money for at least the deposit for holding the date. The plan is to tape a One Night Only show and an Xplosion show on 6/13, and then tape two shows on 6/14 (the semi-live show and the 6/21 show) and two more on 6/15 (for 6/28 and 7/5). But there’s an interesting note regarding costs from what they have. The original plan was to tape on both 6/16 and 6/17 and be taped through the first week of August. The last two dates being canceled seems to indicate that they don’t have the money for the expenses of those last two shows right now. Since pay for a lot of the talent and everyone in production is by appearance and date, that it saves 33 percent of the non-trans costs by cutting two of the six dates. However, in the long run it would cost more because they now have to schedule a taping in July that they wouldn’t have needed, and it’ll cost the same for production and talent, but they have the added transportation costs of flying people in again that they wouldn’t have had. In other words, by saving money in June, short-term, they are costing themslves more in the long-term.

A few production people are once again behind on pay, including some behind by several months. There was an article in Pro Wrestling Torch on the situation. From what we’ve been able to find out, most of the production people who worked the last tapings were paid in full. The paying of the production people is the responsibility of Aroluxe, which TNA pays for the production work, so it’s kind of a middle-man thing. At the last tapings, it was said that there was some sort of an “error,” and checks for eight people weren’t there at the end of the tapings. Under Aroluxe, the production crew had been paid at the end of the tapings. It wasn’t the months behind stuff like when they were waiting for checks from TNA last year. Don Harris, who heads the crew, told the eight people that they would have their checks at home on 4/26. But as of this past week, nobody had gotten the checks and attempts by those to contact people to find out what’s up had gone nowhere as of last word.

There was more to the section (like the part Pete brought up about the ad rates and POP cancelling the replay)

Just now, Sublime said:

Morale is the highest it's ever been. because of all the drugs to numb the pain of working for TNA

It's like I tell my clients in jail: "There's nothing that medication can do that will take away the awful parts about being here, no matter how good they may make you feel about being here."

• Like 2

Matt.

POP TV's Brad Schwartz putting people's worries to rest:

Our relationship with Impact is amazing. I love the show every Tuesday night. My relationship with [TNA President] Dixie [Carter] is very special and ultimately, I think the product that is going on the air every Tuesday night is the best wrestling product going. The characters, the ring action, it is amazing to watch. Obviously it's now part of my job to watch every week as I do with all of our original programming and I'm sucked in. Every single Tuesday I need to watch the show because I am sucked in and we're excited about it. It's the second highest rated show on our network. I don't know of too many people that are successful in television getting rid of the second highest rated show on their network. For us, we're excited. We have a long term deal with Impact and you know, until there are twenty different shows doing better than it, it's going to stay where it is for awhile. We have a multi-year deal.

Impact, because it's such a unique audience with a unique, live component or an alive component to it, there are sponsorship abilities to that that aren't just in ring sponsorships, show sponsorships and of course, advertising, it's kind of a 360 degree sell. We have, us and Impact, have a third-party company that is selling those integrations and those sponsorships and so it wasn't something that the POP ad sales team was out there in the marketplace doing. That's the only reason [Impact Wrestling] wasn't in our Upfronts release, because our team isn't selling it. From a programming standpoint, yes, it will be on the air. We aren't going to get rid of the second highest rated show on the Network.

Well they aren't getting cancelled (of course I don't expect a TV ex to say anything different)

The bigger issue is the lack of money thing

12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Matt.

POP TV's Brad Schwartz putting people's worries to rest:

I don't know of too many people that are successful in television getting rid of the second highest rated show on their network.

I don't know, Brad. I'm not a TV exec or anything but the folks over at Spike TV and Destination America?

If TNA went out of business right now, there still would be enough time to get Trevor Lee and Mark Andrews in the Cruiserweight Classic.

What are the pros of TNA staying in business?

5 hours ago, The Z said:

If TNA went out of business right now, there still would be enough time to get Trevor Lee and Mark Andrews in the Cruiserweight Classic.

What are the pros of TNA staying in business?

This thread right'chere!

• Like 2

Maffew posted this on his twitter.  Not sure I know (or particularly care) who the wrestlers are who are having this conversation, but the last bit about payment is just too amazing to not mention here. 

• Like 1

EC3 is the best thing on this show by a million miles. Really smart how he plays his babyface character. Look forward to him in WWE down the line.

The show isn't very good right now. The whole Knockouts thing doesn't work as it's not really like Maria is holding down a viable division, and they have no real idea where they're going with it. Maria wanted the title, but that seems to have been dropped. And I don't really think Gail Kim is that over outside of the Impact Zone. What's worse is there are hints of a fucking Billy Corgan heel authority figure run. Impact should seriously consider junking this storyline as soon as, and possibly the division actually - I actually saw Knockouts Knockdown and it wasn't like the stuff that wasn't Rebel vs Shelly was any good.

Grado is great, but there has to be some reason why he's able to compete with the other guys. He can be super resilient, have a killer finish etc (see Santino). But he's been sold by TNA as a joke and more or less booked by one. 

Decay.....have no opponents?

Matt Hardy has a strange obsession with Milo Yiannopoulos?

Galloway vs Lashley isn't a bad feud, but it feels like we're treading water until Bennett gets the title. 

EC3 was right about Bennett......it's called Leg Day Mike.

Roode's gone and Davey's still injured, so the two teams Decay feuded with are both out.

I think they're getting the Bromans next, with the Bros getting that fitness guru so they can have 6 person tags as well as title matches.

Personally, I'm just hoping that they have a segment where Rosemary realizes that Cherry Bomb's right there in the Impact Zone and just starts a fight, thus continuing their indie feud.