DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In yesterday's WON radio show - Dave said there is nothing new. 

It appears that it is basically the Nazis want it and Dixie is trying to find someone else who will keep her in power

So Dixie is Great Britain? 

Or, the Reishtag works too.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between having Nazis own it or folding the company, I'd just fold the company.  Even if Aeroluxe took over Pop would ditch them first chance they get over that.  After that who would be stupid enough to take them?  Either way they're going to fold.  And if she's looking for somebody else, well she's pretty fucked in that case.

What''s baffling to me is instead of being honest to whatever fanbase is left she's going completely delusional in her social media approach.  It appears she's having wrestlers tweet #lowmorale or something like that trying to mock the "haters".  The whole "I don't know what you're talking about, everything's fine!" approach is not only wrong but insulting to those that know what's going on.  Stupid Dixie.

Dave provided more details as part of his LAW appearance - the big thing being that one of the other options is that there is a TV station looking to buy them. Of course - said station would completely blow everyone out hence why probably Dixie isn't going to sell to them.

The TNA stuff starts about 3:30 in

The #lowmorale thing is fucking amazing

There are some amazingly thin skinned people who work for that company or they are bigger marks than their fans.

Or I guess both

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

There's the working theory that Sinclair would buy TNA for their international TV deals as a quick way to expand a merged RoH/TNA.

When I listened to that Meltzer interview that's immediately what I thought because he said the word "merge". Other than Lucha Underground and El Rey (cash strapped, so that's incredibly doubtful - plus their model is completely different), would there even be any other possibilities? 

Well, if you're going to merge with somebody might as well be Sinclair.  Joe's been known for pinching pennies for some time so I'd imagine he can make it work.

First thing I'd do is get rid of the name, then from there.  I'd hope they would keep the rosters separate also.

• Like 1

So what is this story Meltzer or someone said about Josh Matthews being one of the people trying to pitch this company to investors and failing miserably.  This can't possibly be true given how much of an arrogant prick he seems to be.  

I wouldn't merge shit. I'd just take over the TV deals and blow TNA up. You could bring in whichever wrestlers you want to after at least a six-month break and probably a name change.

If you need to fill two hours, just show some old ROH stuff to fill out the second hour.

EDIT: "wsnt to" - damn smartphone posting and my 47-year old fingers

• Like 4

It's a shame Sinclair doesn't already have anyone good at managing their video library, as I feel like TNA and ROH under the same umbrella would at least have some increased value for the combined video library alone. That would put the majority of high-profile matches from current WWE talent like AJ Styles, Austin Aries and Samoa Joe under one library, as well as a library ranging from HOF greats like Sting and Mick Foley as well as ROH heroes like Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens.

Hell, a combo deal of the two libraries would probably do at least the same rating as new episodes of Impact do now.

• Like 1

Serious question. Why does Dixie have any real say over who would buy a majority share of TNA? Didn't her mother take over the financial duties of the company because of Dixie's incompetence a couple years back on that front? So wouldn't she have final say if TNA is sold or not?

Dixie is the legitimate majority stock owner

Panda (aka her family) were paying the bills but Dixie was running (most likely to keep her out of the actual family business) TNA. So yeah - they are probably regretting just giving her the stock.

Basille Baracca, Baron Dax, Braxton Sutter, Allie, Sienna.

Trading Aries, Roode, and EY for the NXT name generator might be Big's worst move yet as head of talent relations.

Allie, Sienna, Jade, Rebel, Rosemary, Raquel, Brittany, Havok.  Other than Marti Bell and sorta Maria Kanellis-Bennett, I don't think a new female signing has received a full name in the past three years.