DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Pepper Parks has definitely worked for them before. I just checked out some of his work on YouTube and he comes off as a really solid mechanic who can work both babyface and heel. 

We saw Parks back at the 2002 Super 8 when he might have been working for like 18 months and doing his effeminate male gimmick

Funnily enough that was the same Super 8 we saw Bobby Roode for the first time

That was a long fucking time ago

Even since they went into total money shaving mode, they've started putting tryout matches on One Night Only's and that. Mia Yim was on Knockouts Knockdown three or four times before the mysterious Jade who we know nothing about turned up in the Dollhouse.

On 3/29/2016 at 6:44 AM, TerjeRUN said:

Hero in TNA as a sort of disgruntled fat black sheep of the "indie generation" would be pretty awesome. 

"I wrestled Punk for three hours straight in some armory in Shitsplat, Indiana, for $20 and this is what it's came to? TNA?"

I'm still working through January TV and Josh Mathews keeps calling Beer Money's finish, the DWI, Driving While Investing.  It's Drinking While Investing.  Beer Money not Car Money.  Guess he doesn't have to worry about that now.

Beer Money's also the only act that's really getting any big reactions on these shows.  Helps that they actually play to the crowd.  At least TNA has one hot act...oh, wait.

• Like 1

Glad James Storm turned down NXT to return to the same act he's been part of for so long ... Oh wait.

Well, there's always Mickie James to try to murder again ... Oh wait.

I can't figure out if Storm is insanely loyal, mind numbingly stupid or amazingly shortsighted. He had could have been part of the deepest talent roster in recent memory. Instead? He's working in the smoldering remains of a never proud organization.

• Like 1

That's a valid point, but the other opportunity could lead to a bigger payday in the long run and it's not like TNA is  on solid ground or known for their financial stability. They're losing talent like crazy and on the third network in three years. Would you place your future in Dixie Carter's hands?

And there is no assurance Storm will actually get the money.

Besides the issue of will they still be in business at the end of said 2 year contract - they are routinely late on paying everyone now.

TNA's backed by a big ol' company in Panda Energy. I think Storm is well aware of the problems they've had in the past and is pretty sure he's gonna get paid in full, even if it is late.

And I know not jack squat about contract law, but I'm not sure just simply saying "we're out of business" renders contracts immediately null and void. I'd say Storm took all of this into consideration.

I got a buddy in town who works for an outfit that's been dodgy about paying people on time in the past. But he's really good at what he does, and they really need him, so he told them that they shant be pulling that shit on him. And they haven't. Dunno if they're pulling that shit with everyone else, but they're not doing that to him.

Panda no longer funds TNA. It remains owner in name but that is it. That is why Dixie talked about looking for outside investors.

And if the company is out of business - Storm doesn't keep getting money. Otherwise I would like all the salary I'm owned from the business that closed abruptly when I worked for them.

Similar to how places declare bankruptcy to avoid having to pay large settlements against them in court.

18 hours ago, CrazyMax46 said:

Is Grado still working for TNA? I need to know if that TNA website with the idiots commited mass suicide yet.

He is. Recently won a new contract in a match then they did an injury angle to write him out for a month.

Oh no - they announced it during wrong

But what it is is that the replay is no longer Tuesday nights. It was moved to Saturday.

Of course it took them two tries to get that message out.

And they are promoting it as "EXCLUSIVE SHOWING!!!"