DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

By the way, the story is Anderson showed up in no condition to work on the January tapings -- so of course, TNA let him work anyway -- But the result was so bad, it was unairable. 

They drug tested him.  He failed.   He was given his release.  

I have zero clue (except for "TNA lol") as to why this was kept a secret until now. 

Given some of the utter crap they have aired, it must've been pretty fucking awful indeed.

He's dead by now anyways.

I laughed way too hard at this.

I'm seen the Anderson Pokemon video several times now and the line "i must defeat the wrester/who can only say his name" cracks me up every time.

Joe Hendry's entrance videos are definitely worth finding on Youtube.

That Anderson thing is so weird.  Remember one of the times Jeff Hardy came to the ring completely wasted.  Against Sting.  I love that match.  

Jeff Hardy is the closest thing they had to a draw at the time, though.  So he can get away with doing stuff that Anderson can't.  

Plus, isn't Dixie a big mark for Jeff?  I think I read somewhere that she bought one of his original paintings.  

i just assumed Jeff found some way to make meth the primary ingredient in his paint.  Meth paint probably wouldn't be cheaper than store-bought paint, but he'd have plenty of it around.  Those round trips to the art supply store can get time consuming.

i just assumed Jeff found some way to make meth the primary ingredient in his paint. Meth paint probably wouldn't be cheaper than store-bought paint, but he'd have plenty of it around. Those round trips to the art supply store can get time consuming.

especially wandering around the store high out of your mind

He's dead by now anyways.

The rematch should feature Anderson dressed as a character from South Park's "Good Times With Weapons" episode, with "Let's Fighting Love" for his entrance music. Because folks dig wrestlers with nunchucks, and it says right there in the song to protect his balls.

163d96fb6ec8afa8b969630bfa4ea0dc.jpg

I think that's his best painting, man.  Matt's dog after getting hold of some of Matt's "grapes".

Everything else he paints is just how he sees himself in the land of the Imagi-Nation where he hangs out with his Aluminumies.

Spoiler tagging since this affects upcoming episodes of Impact since it gives away upcoming results

PWInsider is reporting that

Bobby Roode and Eric Young are both finishing up with the company at tonight's tapings as both have requested their releases.

Edit: Won't be a spoiler for long I guess, as it's now the cover story on TNA's site.

Impactwrestling.com has just received the following Official Statement:

IMPACT WRESTLING has come to terms on the release of veteran wrestlers Bobby Roode and Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz). Bobby and Eric have been valuable members of The Impact Roster since 2004 and we wish them nothing but the best in their careers going forward.

Bobby Roode had this to say earlier today,

"To the guys and girls I got to work with for the past 12 years, IMPACT WRESTLING, the office and everyone associated with me getting to live this dream, I say thank you. It is time for me to move on to the next chapter in my life. This has been amazing."

Eric Young had this to say:

"Thank you. Thank you to everyone who watched me for the past 12 years. Thank you to IMPACT WRESTLING. I wish everyone here nothing but the best going forward."“Thank you. Thank ou to everyone who watched me for the past 12 years. Thank you to IMPACT WRESTLING. I wish everyone here nothing but the best going forward.”

Executive Vice President of Creative and Television, John Gaburick added, “Bobby and Eric are true professionals. We salute them for the 12 years they gave TNA. With a Superstar roster including EC3, James Storm, Drew Galloway, Jeff and Matt Hardy, “The Destroyer” Bobby Lashley, Gail Kim, The Wolves, Maria Kanellis-Bennett and “The Miracle” Mike Bennett we couldn’t be more excited about showcasing the finest wrestling in the world for the IMPACT fans.”

In the coming weeks be sure to see the final matches of both Bobby Roode and Eric Young on IMPACT WRESTLING at 9PM EST on Pop TV.