DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

I don't think the Wolves match is on the Network, because the earliest NXT episodes on there are from like Feb 2014, and the Wolves were already in TNA by then. It's available somewhere on the internet though... it's a bit rubbish and not because the Ascension are dragging it down or owt, it's just the Wolves want to get their shit in, even though their shit is a load of crap*. Davey's WWE name is Derek Billington, because he thinks he's worthy of it. Eddie's is something like Terry Cahill, because he's probably a Chelsea fan or something. And they did the stupid Wolf howl, even though their name was the American Pitbulls so they should have been growling or barking or something.

* Every time you see a coming up next on Impact, the Wolves vs... you think this might be the match where the opponent says "Lads, we're taking 80% of this, so you're just selling and doing hope spots tonight" which would probably be the only thing that would make them watchable. But no, everyone has to do The Wolves match the way the Wolves want to do it. They're as bad as RVD for infecting otherwise capable Wrestlers with their useless stupid ring style and dragging them down into a whirling worthless vortex of awfulness. 

They're basically the worst of post-2005 Kurt Angle, anytime RVD, and 2002 ROH combined into one tiny package of shit. Davey Richards is like...the textbook example of indie shithead. Neck and neck with AR Fox.

----- (tear rolls down cheek) -----

Will Ospreay jobbed to Mark Andrews tonight in five minutes. The reason supposedly is because TNA brought Ospreay on the tour without knowing he signed with NJPW.

I have no idea if any of this is true it's just what is making the rounds on Twitter and let's face it, this wouldn't even be in the top 100 of all time dumb TNA decisions.

Rockstar Spud tweeted to Meltzer that the reason it was a short match because of "time miscommunication" and that the office loves him.  

Mind you this is the same office that "loves" a Mark Andrews because he is willing to dress like a dynamic dude and allow Josh Matthews to make inside jokes about the WWE

"So and so was mean to me on Twitter!"

Jesus tapdancing Christ.....

I also like Reby Sky's part in it

... "I don't know why she'd be mean to me, we've talked before but not really, she seems sweet but if it's true, fuck that bitch, I hate that bitch!"

• Like 1

PWInsider reporting that Awesome Kong has been sent home from the UK tour for getting into it with Reby backstage

According to multiple sources, Kong took issue with Sky attempting to dress in the women's locker room and threw Sky's bag out of the room. Sky had not dressed in the women's locker room at the Bethlehem, PA tapings as we are are told she dressed separately at those tapings. The UK tour was the first time Sky dressed in the women's locker room.

The back story here appears to come from, of all things, social media and shoot interviews. In 2013, Kong made reference to Sky on a "Youshoot" DVD where she knocked Sky during a segment called "The Ho Bag." Kong's statements were apparently a receipt for Sky, earlier that year, going on Twitter in reference to Sid Vicious no showing an independent date, which Sky spoke out about. Sky would shoot then back online in a public Q&A forum when asked about Kong knocking her, writing, "Not aware of this, if it is true. Doesn’t make much sense, as I don’t know her on a really personal level & we have been nothing but nice to each other in passing at shows. We’ve actually texted back & forth a few times, so if she now has a problem with me, I can only attribute it to one thing/person. Fake as f**k to be nice to my face & talk s**t to a camera if its true, but no shocker there. That’s 99% of the women in this business anyway. Next."

So, while the entire back and forth happened years ago and was likely forgotten by everyone except the principals, it appears to have been the root cause of what sent Kong off and might explain what she was demanding an apology for.

We are told Sky left the room (likely to speak to someone in TNA management) and when she returned to retrieve her things, Kong went after her for "not apologizing."

There are two versions making the rounds as to what happened next. One is that Kong tried to go after Sky but was stopped. The second version, which we've heard from FAR more people, is that Kong throttled Sky around the neck and assaulted her, before security and TNA Producer Pat Kenney restrained Kong.

If I recall, Reby also accused Kong of using drugs. Either way, bad look for TNA and very bad look for Kong. And I like her :-(

I would be all for The Dollhouse, if TNA wasn't full of shitty female workers. 38 year old Gail Kim and 36 year old Mickie James are not the answers. I like Kong as much as everyone else here, but let's not pretend she isn't a 38 year old woman with a bad back and with her best days behind her. The Dollhouse only works with good workers afoot and that's not the landscape of TNA in 2016 and TNA are showing now signs of heading in that direction which is completely unfortunate. The Dollhouse being the 'Divas' of TNA while more capable workers take certain stage works so well as a gimmick vs. a stand alone centerpiece as its embarrassing. At this point, TNA should really do one-of-two things:

1. Eliminate the KO division and title and cut back on the female roster to include only 5 women who function as valets or managers (Maria, Jade, Rebel, Marti, and Raquel would serve fine in this role)

2. Keep The Dollhouse around for another year and build a capable NXT like division around the women. WIth TNA's historic treatment of Kong, Roxxy, Daffney, Wilde, and pretty much anyone who made her name outside of WWE - its going to be interesting (and possibly quite pathetic) on who the company decides to choose.

As a side note, the roster page on TNA needs to be updated as Aries, Tessmacher, Taryn, and Kong are all no longer with the company.For a company that has been around for 15 years, its surprising how well they do not understand the interwebs.

• Like 1

Abyss was really a non-factor. I was very unimpressed by the woman. Her delivery was bad and had no conviction, and whoever "wrote" her lines (by which I mean cribbed them from Batman Forever and Alice In Wonderland) should be fired. The aesthetic was ok.

And then the commentary...

I would be all for The Dollhouse, if TNA wasn't full of shitty female workers. 38 year old Gail Kim and 36 year old Mickie James are not the answers.

38 year old Gail Kim is still having good matches. And is probably in the top tier of TNA workers. In fact, the Knockouts they have left veer from good (Madison, Rosemary, Angelina, Jade) to carryable (Velvet, Marti). Even Reby showed promise in SHINE. Is the division a little stale and in need of a shake-up? Yeah, but I would put that more on creative than the actual talent.

Abyss is involved. It was doomed from the start.

Agreed. I would have wanted to see Masada as the muscle for Decay.

I think I've watched close to 2 full episodes of Impact since Magnus won the title and AJ left but I've kept up with the company through reading their 3 months spoilers when the episodes are taped.  Based on just about every Abyss storyline since his switch back from Joseph Park, I'm not wondering if but when Abyss and the Decay have a falling out leading to yet another face turn by Abyss.