DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

They need James Storm back so they can write out all these women.

"Hey, Angelina Love's not here."

"Pope's sources say James Storm threw her in front of a train earlier."

"And Taryn Terrell's not with The Dollhouse either."

"Storm made sure she caught the same train as Angelina, Josh."

"You know partner, we haven't seen Brooke in a while."

"I heard she got caught in a storm.  A Storm that threw her in front of a train, daddy."

• Like 3

So wait a minute they bring back someone and reunite a tag team after 5 years and the first match is going to be one of those One Night Only PPV that get about the same number of buys as those death match taped shows.  Did I hear that right?   :unsure:

Fair enough

I love the idea that before the MAIN EVENT OF THE SHOW they have to show a 5 minute promo of this Eugene Levy's series.  I mean that would never happen with a real company.  

Although I do admit it looks kind of funny.  Schitts Creek not Impact Wrestling

That shitts creek thing was so long halfway through I forgot I was watching TNA and thought I was watching the "previously" before season 2.

I actually got so fuzzy on what was happening that I had to hit the guide and went "oh yeah. World title wrestling match." And then started searching for shitts creek.

• Like 1

So it seems what they are advertising for that One Night Only PPV that they are taping Friday is

Wolves vs. Angle/Galloway vs. Drake/Godderz - Tag Titles

Lashley vs. Tyrus

Aidan O'Shea vs. Shera

Knockouts Gauntlet for #1 Contender Spot

Some apparently Storm went back to TNA because they WAY over paid him all so they could brag that they signed someone away from the WWE

Well good for Storm for getting paid

So the debut last night saw the do a worse number then when they debuted on DA

And Pop is in more homes than DA

To be fair, it did almost the same number as their last show on DA. Compare that to the drop from Spike to DA, and - well - now I feel like I know what TNA apologists must go through.

So wait a minute they bring back someone and reunite a tag team after 5 years and the first match is going to be one of those One Night Only PPV that get about the same number of buys as those death match taped shows.  Did I hear that right?   :unsure:

2 years.  They teamed at the Lethal Lottery/Battlebowl knockoff ONO PPV taped in the UK.  Lost to The Wolves.  Didn't have the impact it should have because The Wolves just debuted in the company and the audience didn't know who they were.  More obvious when Edwards and Richards are the first two entrants in the battle royal later.

So TNA gets credit for at least advertising it this time.  Loses credit for announcing a PPV out of nowhere and promoting it in less than a week.  Also, it seems pretty obvious what's going to happen too.

Storm just got Beer Money back together cause he needs Roode's help to throw Awesome Kong in front of a train.

Isn't the Pop deal that Pop isn't paying for them, just letting them on and promoting them. They have to promote the PPVs because that is an actual (theoretical) income source.

Ha.  TNA promoting something to make money.  No, they were supposed to tape this thing in India and they have international commitments that still need to be fulfilled.  They're doing it live so they might as well promote it unlike the other One Night Only PPVs.