DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Bills will have said they will not exercise the 5th year option for EJ Manuel.  

That's after this season.

Vote of confidence ~!

Poor EJ. He sucks but that's gotta sting.

He has his moments, but this was coming after he shit the bed BIG time against the Jags. Despite the occasional flash of competence, his favorite receiver is still the yardage crew. . . .

10 minutes ago, Joe Lucia said:

The deadline for all teams to announce whether they picked up the fifth year option on their 2013 first rounders was Tuesday. They didn't have a choice to wait.

I was about to say, all teams are announcing that now, that is how the 1st round contracts work. They aren't allowed to wait until after the season to decide. Same rule for all teams. Silly people. There is no way in hell EJ would be picked up, most of them aren't. I am making a mental list of people that post in this forum that don't know NFL rules ;)

Here is a list of all the team's decisions.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they still had a year to decide on EJ, and they were announcing that they weren't going to pick it up next year.

This is already year four for him? Wow, doesn't seem like it.

WFC extend Jordan Reed

5 years, $50 million ($22 million guaranteed)

so basically like $5 million for every game he is healthy

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they still had a year to decide on EJ, and they were announcing that they weren't going to pick it up next year.

This is already year four for him? Wow, doesn't seem like it.

That was my thinking, too.  But only after I read Brian's original post.  THE FOWLER MADE ME DO IT! ^_^

Being perfectly honest, I always saw Ziggy as a sure thing. Hasn't been playing long enough to let bad habits set in so he'd be easily malleable and his athletic profile is a defensive coordinator's wet dream.

I've bitterly thrown his his growth into one of the best pass-rushers in the league in a lot of Jaguar fans faces that told me he was going to be the massive disappointment that pretty much everyone else in the top 5 that year outside of Lane Johnson ended up being.

To make room for the six signings, Carolina parted ways with three players – cornerback Brandon Boykin, wide receiver Jenson Stoshack and safety Ras-I Dowling.

Not sure why you would get rid of Boykin.  The three cornerbacks Carolina drafted better be good otherwise it could be rough go early in the season.

• Like 1