DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the favorite to host the 2017 NFL Draft is. . .

Philadelphia.

I'd compare the potential Eagles fans reaction with those of Giants/Jets fans in New York, but Philly doesn't have a #1 next year, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be the same.

The Shield will figure out a way to get the Eagles not just a number one but THE over all #1

41 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Look at it from the prescriptive of the last NBA off season and DeAndre Jordan the Mavs and the Clippers. There was a ton of out cry by then Jordans agent that the Clippers weren't talking to him but to DeAndre directly. 

He cried about it but Jordan ended up where he wanted to be, which is how it should be. That just supports my theory that it sometimes benefits the team and the player to reach out directly.

21 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the favorite to host the 2017 NFL Draft is. . .

Philadelphia.

I'd compare the potential Eagles fans reaction with those of Giants/Jets fans in New York, but Philly doesn't have a #1 next year, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be the same.

21 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

The Shield will figure out a way to get the Eagles not just a number one but THE over all #1

Will there be a Duracell or Eveready sponsorship? Because many a battery will be thrown.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

If they're smart, that's exactly what the NFL will do.  TV ratings would go through the roof as we watch in glee as MADCAP and his fellow Eagles fans burn down half the city after their team picks some scrub they could have gotten as an UFA. :lol:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Bills will have said they will not exercise the 5th year option for EJ Manuel.  

That's after this season.

Vote of confidence ~!

Poor EJ. He sucks but that's gotta sting.

He has his moments, but this was coming after he shit the bed BIG time against the Jags. Despite the occasional flash of competence, his favorite receiver is still the yardage crew. . . .

10 minutes ago, Joe Lucia said:

The deadline for all teams to announce whether they picked up the fifth year option on their 2013 first rounders was Tuesday. They didn't have a choice to wait.

I was about to say, all teams are announcing that now, that is how the 1st round contracts work. They aren't allowed to wait until after the season to decide. Same rule for all teams. Silly people. There is no way in hell EJ would be picked up, most of them aren't. I am making a mental list of people that post in this forum that don't know NFL rules ;)

Here is a list of all the team's decisions.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they still had a year to decide on EJ, and they were announcing that they weren't going to pick it up next year.

This is already year four for him? Wow, doesn't seem like it.