DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

And Jason Pierre-Paul just became extremely expendable.   Which makes me wonder why the Giants just handed him (pun absolutely intended) 8 and a half million guaranteed.  

And Jason Pierre-Paul just became extremely expendable.   Which makes me wonder why the Giants just handed him (pun absolutely intended) 8 and a half million guaranteed.  

Maybe it's to have his veteran leadership in the locker room. A lot of those young guys can be a handful.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

• Like 6

And Jason Pierre-Paul just became extremely expendable. Which makes me wonder why the Giants just handed him (pun absolutely intended) 8 and a half million guaranteed.

Maybe it's to have his veteran leadership in the locker room. A lot of those young guys can be a handful.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Mordecai Brown loves your joke.

If nothing else, Manning still bright the ability to make the right audible the vast majority of the time. Not sure Brittle Bob 2.0 or anything other available QB out there comes even close to that.

I'll give it to the Texans, they're certainly trying to make a run and not waste the remaining few years of JJ Watt's productivity. Now, whether they made the right decisions or not...

Didn't the Texans already try to start a gunshy giraffe at QB by the name of Ryan Mallett? Too bad Matt Hasselbeck just retired or the Broncos could've filled their QB stable with him and Mallett as a reasonable facsimile of the pizza pitchman and gawky young stiff with potential.

If nothing else, Manning still bright the ability to make the right audible the vast majority of the time. Not sure Brittle Bob 2.0 or anything other available QB out there comes even close to that.

Yep.  His body was done, but his mind worked just fine.  It's why Osweiler got yanked from the starting lineup--Peyton was simply the better decision-maker.  If I was Houston, that would have gave me pause.  But too late now.