DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Splitting the difference between SA and Austin - the New Braunfels Raiders? I don't need that crap 20 miles from my house screwing up traffic 8 times a year. Screw that.

I vote for:

fc550x550royal_blue8.jpg

• Like 3

RG3, Manziel, maybe Cousins, maybe Bradford, depending on how the playoffs go maybe Manning...

There's going to be some decent options at QB in the free agent market. I still think three go in the first round though (Goff, Hackenberg and Paxton).

Doug Pederson is getting the reins in Philadelphia.

I'll leave it to one of the Iggy fans on the board to point out the irony of hiring Andy Reid's top guy, because that would sound like a very smug "I told you so" coming from anyone else. 

I don't think there's any way in hell Johnny ends up in Houston other than to party.  I don't think Bill O'Brien wants anything to do with RG3 either, but we're so QB starved who knows.  I think we'll draft some no name QB in the 4th round and sign a McCown or some other shitty backup QB.  That's what we do!  Maybe Tom Savage is the answer.  Most likely not, but hey, we don't know that yet!

I don't hate the Pederson hiring as much as a lot of Eagles fans apparently do. Honestly I'm just happy we hired an NFL assistant and not another college guy or some legend coaxed out of retirement.

Speaking of college guys, Chip Kelly to San Fran makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Didn't they vet the situation at all? Didn't they see where Chip alienated virtually everyone from the locker room to the front office in Philly with his "my way or the highway" college coach bullshit? Isn't that the same problem they just had with Jim Harbaugh? And he at least went to a Super Bowl...

How long until the the "Chip wants to trade Kaepernick for Mariota" story goes up on ESPN?

Two possibilities for how the Titans handle that:

1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no for real Chip, why are you calling us?

2. Sure thing, Chipford, that will be you guys' next four first round picks and Carlos Hyde.

Splitting the difference between SA and Austin - the New Braunfels Raiders? I don't need that crap 20 miles from my house screwing up traffic 8 times a year. Screw that.

I vote for:

fc550x550royal_blue8.jpg

I would support them until the end of time if they made a trade for Landry Jones.

Titans have the only vacancy left and it appears they are just going to remove interim from Mike Mularkey's title

Of course - the Lions could still fire Jim Caldwell because God forbid they make a decision

I don't think there's any way in hell Johnny ends up in Houston other than to party.  I don't think Bill O'Brien wants anything to do with RG3 either, but we're so QB starved who knows.  I think we'll draft some no name QB in the 4th round and sign a McCown or some other shitty backup QB.  That's what we do!  Maybe Tom Savage is the answer.  Most likely not, but hey, we don't know that yet!

Watt and RG3, two platitude-spewing attention whores in one place, would be amazing.  They'll either be best friends or mortal enemies.  Maybe they can get matching letterman jackets.

I don't think there's any way in hell Johnny ends up in Houston other than to party. I don't think Bill O'Brien wants anything to do with RG3 either, but we're so QB starved who knows. I think we'll draft some no name QB in the 4th round and sign a McCown or some other shitty backup QB. That's what we do! Maybe Tom Savage is the answer. Most likely not, but hey, we don't know that yet!

Watt and RG3, two platitude-spewing attention whores in one place, would be amazing. They'll either be best friends or mortal enemies. Maybe they can get matching letterman jackets.
Would any team go from irrelevant jojo to elite, delusional heel faster? If Bob goes there I'm rooting for them.

(I'm referring to their heel status more than their success when I say elite)

I don't think there's any way in hell Johnny ends up in Houston other than to party. I don't think Bill O'Brien wants anything to do with RG3 either, but we're so QB starved who knows. I think we'll draft some no name QB in the 4th round and sign a McCown or some other shitty backup QB. That's what we do! Maybe Tom Savage is the answer. Most likely not, but hey, we don't know that yet!

Watt and RG3, two platitude-spewing attention whores in one place, would be amazing. They'll either be best friends or mortal enemies. Maybe they can get matching letterman jackets.
Would any team go from irrelevant jojo to elite, delusional heel faster? If Bob goes there I'm rooting for them.

We're not irrelevant!  We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last five years!

• Like 1

We're not irrelevant! We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last five years!

(Pats Lawful on the head.)

Sure thing, champ.

• Like 2

Titans have the only vacancy left and it appears they are just going to remove interim from Mike Mularkey's title

Of course - the Lions could still fire Jim Caldwell because God forbid they make a decision

Caldwell's brain moves WAY too slow for someone like Mariota. I think this is probably Caldwell's last hurrah as HC in the NFL unless a team gets desperate.

Well shit, after typing that, no way is this Caldwell's last HC position.

The biggest problem with Chip's system in the NFL is that the rosters are half the size of college. In Oregon, they could sub in a whole second team of guys so they could play with their hair on fire basically the whole game.

I'm pulling for Kaep though. I have no real sense of why I like the guy, but I do.

I'm pulling for Kaep though. I have no real sense of why I like the guy, but I do.

Other than the fact he spent like 3 years as a Packers killer, I do too. Contrary to the image he gets saddled with, he seems like a big dork. Hopefully it works out in San Fran.

We're not irrelevant! We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last five years!
(Pats Lawful on the head.)

Sure thing, champ.

Slow down, Vincey. The Panthers are one Cam Newton Achilles or ACL tear from being the Texans.

• Like 4

Other than the fact he spent like 3 years as a Packers killer, I do too. Contrary to the image he gets saddled with, he seems like a big dork. Hopefully it works out in San Fran.

Dude has a pet tortoise.  Total dork--with six-pack abs.