DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Courtroom Chaos (Pat Lundvall is a Spiteful Witch Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

If DC is really going to lose out on a 4 million dollar payday cause of Jones fuck up he should try and sue Jones for the loss of income from the fight similar to how Deontay Wilder is suing Alexander Povetkin over his failed drug test that led to the cancellation of their fight. ...

• Like 1

"He doesn't want to hear my reaction because he doesn't want to hear the sobering truth. Sobering truth dictates and determines that the same thing's going to happen. That is his character. That is him at his core. I look at the young lady - the PR lady that's on his team now -- and I see in her eyes, she knows she's fighting a losing battle. I look at his coaches. I see that these guys know he will not change. He will not change. He's the same guy. He's rotten at his core. And he will continue to f*** up. Mistakes? Mistakes? You don't constantly make mistakes. You make mistakes, but you don't constantly make them over and over and over. You don't do that. When you make a mistake, it changes you. You try to make yourself better. Many times we've heard this speech. Jon, this isn't the first time we've heard this speech. This isn't the first time you've told us that, so why am I supposed to believe this guy?"

Daniel Cormier speaking about Jon Jones on UFC 200 Counterpunch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

So Kawa and Jones are strictly denying the PED allegations.  

But why should we trust Jones now?  He's spent his whole career basically acting fake and putting on an act of being this religious, god-fearing family man.  While in his off-time hew as partying at strip clubs, snorting cocaine and was seldom sober when he was at the top of his career.  By his own words.

TBH I thought Kawa did a pretty bad job here but it's nothing I didn't expect. I am not even shocked they (Kawa and Jon's PR lady Denise White) did the thing of not saying what it was Jon failed for. The problem here is that if you're saying that you didn't think about testing the supplements beforehand or w/e, then isn't that beyond negligence? Because Jon was tested 9 times in all. That's a lot of chances to fail a test. A lot. Also, as a top fighter, you knew he was going to be tested a bunch anyway. You taking time out to do this simple task is nothing compared to losing out on close to if not more than eight figures. Doesn't make sense. Maybe the B sample comes back negative as the A sample was contaminated, but where are the people in his camp that mitigate bullshit like this?

• Like 3

I could've misheard but did they actually admit to not testing his supplements?  It sounded like Jon mentioned there was documenting and looking into his supplements and things before the fact?

Look, Kawa has to support his client through all of this, but still, it irks me that Kawa generally comes off as an idiot in constantly doing so.

EDIT:

But here's my whole issue with the supplement thing.  I've been watching and following the sport for many years.  And I know for a fact the whole tainted supplement excuse has been around for YEARS.  A friend who has worked in the supplement industry has told me that the tainted supplement thing is real because supplements are not actually FDA regulated so that is how it happens.  Even USADA admits its a problem.

At the same time, how can a fighter be that ignorant.  Why risk taking something that could potentially ruin your career?  I would say any potential sponsorship dollars do not outweigh the risks of taking something that could make you fail a drug test.

But that's also kind of why I think all this tainted supplement excuses fighters always go to is bullshit.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

I could've misheard but did they actually admit to not testing his supplements?  It sounded like Jon mentioned there was documenting and looking into his supplements and things?  

Look, Kawa has to support his client through all of this, but still, it irks me that Kawa generally comes off as an idiot in constantly doing so.

If you're not doing that, I am safely assuming you're not testing the supplements.

• Like 1

Ckd4Y3BWEAAQM7A.jpg

This is Jon Jones' supplements guy.  Jones posted this picture of him on June 8.  That's eight days before the apparent test failure.  Seriously, look at this dude.  His biceps look bigger than his head.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Ckd4Y3BWEAAQM7A.jpg

This is Jon Jones' supplements guy.  Jones posted this picture of him on June 8.  That's eight days before the apparent test failure.  Seriously, look at this dude.  His biceps look bigger than his head.

Shaking that guys hand probably makes you piss hot for a week.

• Like 4

I was texting sprewellrimz last night when the news broke. He basically said most of these trainers in MMA are basically drug dealers. There are dudes there who are basically the hookups.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you're not doing that, I am safely assuming you're not testing the supplements.

Malki Kawa apparently just went through this with Yoel Romero?  How could he let this happen again?

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I was texting sprewellrimz last night when the news broke. He basically said most of these trainers in MMA are basically drug dealers. There are dudes there who are basically the hookups.

My thing is when these guys fail drug tests, no one EVER looks at the coaches or the trainers or points the finger at them.

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

My thing is when these guys fail drug tests, no one EVER looks at the coaches or the trainers or points the finger at them.

Probably because nobody wants to rat out on dudes who have a positive reputation, and more importantly implicating themselves. From a journalist/reporter perspective, no one is going to do it unless they feel obligated to do so. The guys who know are the ones who NEED the access to those gyms and teams for their work.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Ckd4Y3BWEAAQM7A.jpg

All that work and he skips traps.  Well, he trapped Jones.

Probably skips legs and calves as well.

How did we go from July 4th to the Hardy's masterpiece to Jones hot piss in just three days?

• Like 1

so, on the off chance the "B" sample test comes back clean, does Jones get his fight back?

if so, that's a hell of a lot of added unnecessary stress.
if not, then he just lost out on a multi-million dollar payday for nothing.

lose/lose situation.

Yes, he would be cleared barring any outside action from USADA or the UFC.

It would be cutting it close though because they're doing early weigh-ins. He would have to hop on a flight back to Vegas (if he is indeed leaving LV) and then cut the remaining amount of weight.

7 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I imagine it's a due diligence thing considering how much scrutiny they're going to be under for pulling Jones from UFC 200.

Exactly. They don't release the results of the A sample until they are 100% sure it was positive. So they might re-test it or run it through CIR (Carbon Isotope Ratio) testing as well. There are not a ton of labs in the country that can do this. For it to take 2-3 weeks is not crazy at all. Hell people wait weeks to get cancer test results back in this country...

Is Jones going to get stripped of his interim title now? Because he was scheduled for a title match, and he's missing it due to, what, medical suspension? That means he's not interim champion any more, doesn't it? Cormier's now undisputed.