DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Courtroom Chaos (Pat Lundvall is a Spiteful Witch Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

That's what I figured since the B sample obviously came out positive. But I believe it was Greg Savage today on Cheap Seats who basically indicated it would be in USADA's best interest they conveyed to Malki Kawa that this tainted supplement pass is wearing thin. We're getting past strange coincidence. Either his fighters need test all of their supplements before they start camp or they get no leniency. I would say it's unfair to single out a camp (even though it's a bit clearer now it is more fact than fiction in some cases) or set of fighters repped by one particular group, but you cannot just ignore that one party is trying to seek advantages or get by with something. If I can see it, then USADA has to be able to see it.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So what you're saying is this is Greg Jackson's fault?

No, since he doesn't directly supervise the supplement routine of his fighters. While Romero was briefly at Jackson/Wink, he trains primarily at American Top Team. The one common connection is First Round Management.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I wonder if he might get off with no suspension at all. Granted the Meldonium issue has been public, there is a precedent for fighters that were ruled to have not knowingly taken a substance and been cleared without any further sanctioning. 

28 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I wonder if he might get off with no suspension at all. Granted the Meldonium issue has been public, there is a precedent for fighters that were ruled to have not knowingly taken a substance and been cleared without any further sanctioning. 

Would this not hurt the UFC's relationship with USADA if this happens?  Just saying.  They lost the main event for one of their biggest cards ever...

14 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Would this not hurt the UFC's relationship with USADA if this happens?  Just saying.  They lost the main event for one of their biggest cards ever...

Not really. If their thing is to take precaution and allow the adjudication process to unfold, then it's not on USADA. In addition, that's kinda the role of USADA to say the least. They couldn't keep Jon Jones on that card. When you take on a drug testing program, you accept that's a possibility. I don't expect to see any type of response that you got from Richard Schaefer when Lamont Peterson failed a VADA test a couple weeks before a fight (he actually failed like three weeks earlier FWIW). If anything, it makes it that much more important you expedite the results to avoid the scramble to make the necessary changes.

4 minutes ago, WholeFnMachine said:

This is only because he's Dana's golden boy, if he was some un-ranked flyweight his career would have been over long ago, what a bunch of horseshit. I just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him when finally self-destructs for good. 

Wait....were you here for the time Dana went completely off the rails on what was suppose to UFC 151? He is far from Dana's golden boy. Liddell, I can accept. Franklin or Forrest Griffin maybe. Jon, no. Dana and Lorenzo only deal (or dealt) with Jon because he is the legitimate best fighter at 205 and maybe the best fighter in the sport. Guys in other sports have gotten that pass too just because of the talent level. It's not going to be a different story in MMA. Just the way it is. If you're an ATG athlete in that particular sport, you're going to get multiple chances to fuck up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Wait....were you here for the time Dana went completely off the rails on what was suppose to UFC 151? He is far from Dana's golden boy. Liddell, I can accept. Franklin or Forrest Griffin maybe. Jon, no. Dana and Lorenzo only deal (or dealt) with Jon because he is the legitimate best fighter at 205 and maybe the best fighter in the sport. Guys in other sports have gotten that pass too just because of the talent level. It's not going to be a different story in MMA. Just the way it is. If you're an ATG athlete in that particular sport, you're going to get multiple chances to fuck up. 

Golden boy was the wrong choice of words, I was more referring to what you said, that he is a higher level fighter and thus was getting special treatment. Which, though typical in sports, is bullshit. 

• Like 1

Just now, WholeFnMachine said:

Golden boy was the wrong choice of words, I was more referring to what you said, that he is a higher level fighter and thus was getting special treatment. Which, though typical in sports, is bullshit. 

Thing is, in this case, there is already a precedent there with Romero. When it comes to USADA, that's more of a problem than Jon Jones specifically. At least IMO. I can't really fault a popular fighter using a route others are using. That's why any organization doing drug testing has to close those loopholes, especially the loopholes that seem to be used profusely by one party.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2016 at 8:48 PM, Craig H said:

Teflon Jon

23 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

This is only because he's Dana's golden boy, if he was some un-ranked flyweight his career would have been over long ago, what a bunch of horseshit. I just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him when finally self-destructs for good. 

23 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

18 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

*Nods to these posts*. Fuck Bones.

• Like 1

It has been a few weeks now and I'm sure Brock has had time to hired a private investigator, but I haven't been paying attention...so I need to ask you guys: has Brock gotten to the "bottom of it" since then?

31 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

It has been a few weeks now and I'm sure Brock has had time to hired a private investigator, but I haven't been paying attention...so I need to ask you guys: has Brock gotten to the "bottom of it" since then?

If I am not mistaken, he is on the next agenda for the Nevada commission. So yeah, he better have done that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two news notes:

- I'm safely assuming the whole Nate Diaz vape pen situation is over as Nate is just getting a public warning for in competition use.

- The NSAC appointments for Brock, JBJ, and Nate Diaz have been rescheduled. However, McGregor still remains on the docket for Monday as of now.

Conor McGregor got fined $150k (5% of his disclosed purse for his last fight) and is required to do 50 hours community service including a PSA for his role in the UFC 202 final presser fracas. Yeah, the NSAC is a joke.