DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Courtroom Chaos (Pat Lundvall is a Spiteful Witch Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Isn't that the case for everyone?  I recall something coming out about McGregor that he would have to notify USADA if he was retiring.

I will assume this is an older post.

45 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Holy shit. I mean not that shocking based on the eye test... but at the same time shocking in that I figured Lesnar's team would know how to beat the testing.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The Wellness policy testing? Yeah, anyone can beat that. USADA testing? You have to at least try really hard.

I guess I figured Brock could afford to hire a Memo Hernandez type drug guru to get him through the testing.

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

I guess I figured Brock could afford to hire a Memo Hernandez type drug guru to get him through the testing.

I don't even think Brock knows who the UFC champions are. Does he even have internet to know who dudes like Memo or Victor Conte are? 

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So this pretty would kill any chance of Lesnar continuing on with UFC I'm guessing. He'd be out like another two years right 

Right now, it's looking like that but it always depends. Still has to go through the adjudication process. He could want his B sample tested. More than likely, that's going to come back positive unless there is a case of contamination or some stroke of magic. Unless, there is a clear cut case of tainted supplements where he could get his sanction shortened, it could be a career ender. On top of that, Nevada most likely will suspend him. Jon Jones is on the docket on Monday for his USADA failure. Brock may be put on there as well, but probably likely added for the next meeting they have. They could follow USADA's sanction or they could do something like suspend him for 12 months. Either way, by the time he comes back, he would need to reapply for a license anyway since he would be like 40 years old or older.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Isn't Nevada still allowed to use random testing procedures?  I mean, that is how they caught Overeem.  

Why wouldn't they be able to? USADA doesn't oversee Nevada or any other commission. If you're a fighter licensed in Nevada, they can do whatever because you're under their watch.

5 minutes ago, Shawn411 said:

Usada is the worst. How long before the new owners be like "F usada" ?

No, fighters not being able to cover their tracks is the worst.

• Like 5

Seriously there must have been at least 30 fights the last weekend with the 3 shows.  So far we know of 2 USADA violations. Probably a couple more as well.   I don't know the exact number of violations and I guess we won't know for a while.  But the vast majority of them were clean.  So we should coddle the drug users because doing that did wonders for Jon Jones's career.   

During that December stretch of 3 shows, I believe Konstantin Erokhin was the only person to fail a test and that was non-USADA. They started ramping up testing early this year. A lot of people could fail tests, but I wouldn't shocked if all the Nevada tests somehow come out clean. 

Why are people blaming USADA and criticizing them here?  They are doing what they were brought in to do.  The blame lies solely on guys not following the rules and trying to get a leg up while saying they are clean.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

What did Jones and Brock get caught for?

Hunt does not deserve half Brock's salary for fighting a crappy fight.  He had a crap camp and had no game plan.  Steroids will not fix that.

Allegedly, Jon popped for estrogen blockers. However, that definitely isn't confirmed.

What Brock popped for may never come out. If he chooses not to go in front of the Nevada Athletic Commission, then that would eliminate the chance of it coming out. However, if he does go in front of them, then it would have to come out by virtue of them discussing this issue and any punishment resulting from his failure. However, since it was a USADA test, he isn't obligated to go in front of them. However, if he doesn't, that would put a bow on his MMA career because Marnell can be ruthless. Lundvall....let's just say she is a c u next Tuesday. They would go out of there way to take money from Lesnar and suspend him for as long as possible. Plus, it would make it extremely hard for him to get a new license on the off chance he wanted to reapply after any USADA sanction or Nevada suspension. In addition, Meltzer on the Breaking News audio update mentioned Nevada going after his non-guaranteed money. Keep in mind, these are the same people that fined Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 900k for smoking weed before coming to their senses.