DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

And what's going to happen to the featherweight title?  McGregor will have to relinquish at some point.  He's not moving back down to 145.  Looks like the Dos Anjos fight is long gone.

Time to give up the belt.

And what's going to happen to the featherweight title?  McGregor will have to relinquish at some point.  He's not moving back down to 145.  Looks like the Dos Anjos fight is long gone.

Time to give up the belt.

I'm guessing once Edgar gets healthy, it will be Aldo vs. Edgar II for the featherweight strap. If Conor loses on Saturday, he might go for Dos Anjos fight instead but it all depends on the circumstances surrounding the loss. Either way, Frankie Edgar lost out on fighting Conor and Aldo won't be getting his rematch. So if you're at lightweight and want to fight RDA, you need to root for Conor. People at welterweight need to root for Nate to win.

Alexa Grasso got injured once again. Angela Hill is replacing her on next week's card.

:(

Same injury as before re-aggravated or something new?

The report that I saw didn't say what it was specifically. Just that she got injured and had to pull out.

Damn, we were so close to having Grasso back with only a week to go. She says she broke a bone in her hand in training. Grasso/Eggink would've been a great fight. Big fan of Eggink as well so looking forward to her also returning to competition after a year+ away.

Amberlynn Orr also got injured and is off the card, replaced by Aspen Ladd who moves up from flyweight to bantamweight against Kelly McGill. Ladd looked great in her last fights so glad to see her added to the card.

So does Woodley get the next welterweight title shot or Carlos Condit?  On a personal level, I have no problem with letting Woodley cry about it on the MMA Hour and social media.

According to what I've heard, it's suppose to go to Woodley. However, if Conor wins on Saturday and wants to challenge Robbie at UFC 200, that whole thing won't matter anyway.

Since Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit at UFC 195 ended, for me Carlos Condit should get the next UFC Welterweight Title shot as he won the fight, it deserves an immediate rematch and the first fight is one of the best MMA fights ever.

• Like 1

Lawler vs. Condit seems like something they have in their back pocket if nothing else more lucrative falls into place. Not that Lawler vs. Woodley is necessarily a big fight, but they realize the Condit fight was just a chance to make a really exciting fight. There is the sports side of it where you have to move forward. If the opportunity presents itself afterwards to make it again, then you can go ahead and make it.

• Like 1

I want to see Robbie Lawler vs. Conor McGregor and Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit, more so Lawler vs. Condit II. Since UFC 200 was announced we've been speculating on what card we'll get for a milestone event. Thinking back to UFC 100, you had two big draws in Brock Lesnar and Georges St-Pierre fighting and Michael Bisping getting KTFO by Dan Henderson. Let's forget Jon Fitch went on after the two championship matches ; ).

According to Combate, there aren't any opponents available for Anderson for UFC 198. However, Cyborg possibly could fight on that card.

Maybe her little campaign worked out.

International Fight Week is going to be a Fight Pass card on 7/7, the TUF Finale headlined by Joanna Champion vs. Gadelha II on 7/8, and of course UFC 200 on 7/9. No venues yet for the Thursday and Friday shows.

Looking forward to Cruz/Faber III, and Cruz killing it again with the hype in the build to the fight.

Man, Cruz could easily verbally destroy Faber without even trying. It's not even fair.

• Like 1

Cruz vs. Faber III is the co main event for 6/4 for UFC 199. The main event is Rockhold vs. Weidman II. Rumored to be in either Anaheim or Los Angeles.

Great news to wake up to. The third fight of the trilogy was supposed to take place at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II but Dominick Cruz tore his ACL so the fight didn't happen. I looked forward to it then and wanting to see it since. That's a great main and co-main event there.

They're billing UFC 200 as the biggest show ever. So they're probably planning on having McGregor and Rousey both on it, because that's the only two big names, and it's not really a 'returning legend' type of sport... and hopefully none of the retired big names have done the boxing legend thing and spent all their money.

Guest Edwin

I've heard rumors of GSP making a return at UFC 200, so who knows... If he does, GSP vs. Lawler is the fight they'll make.

Ha can you imagine the buyrate for McGregor, Rousey, and GSP on the same card. I wouldn't blame them, I mean sure the UFC could spread them out over three PPVs and get three 700+ buyrates each but having that one big buyrate is good for advertising and creating excitement. Hell I'd be tempted to buy it if I could wrangle up a few people and I've never purchased a UFC PPV.

Wanderlei Silva has signed with Rizin FF and he's fighting at their April 17 event in Japan.

Actually, it's a 2 on 2 grappling match. Sakuraba and Tokoro vs. Wanderlei and TBD. He may fight there in the future.