DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Sergio Pettis vs. Chris Kelades and Walt Harris vs. Cody East have been added to UFC 197 card.

The UFC Rotterdam additions are Rashid Magomedov vs. Chris Wade, Dominic Waters vs. Peter Sobotta, and Gareth McLellan vs. Magnus Cedenblad.

Wow, Cody East is a real peach...what exactly is the point of the UFC' background checks again?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/26/11111414/mma-news-new-ufc-signing-cody-east-troubled-past-includes-rape-assault-child-abuse

According to his manager, he did submit every document pertinent to his past. So it's not they don't know. Keep in mind, he ain't the only guy with an unsavory past in the UFC. Tim Means went to jail and did every drug under the sun, and he was suppose to headline a card last week.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I noticed on TMZ that Conor McGregor is going to be in the next XXX film titled xXx: The Return of Xander Cage.

Yep, and SURPRISE~! he's going to be one of the villains.

Great. Another MMA person trying to be an actor.

You can't do both. Pick one or the other.

Dude, there are people with multiple IMDB film credits on the UFC roster. Woodley was in Straight Outta Compton and I don't think anyone is confusing him for an actor. McGregor is someone who trains non-stop. He can't make a cameo in a shitty Vin Diesel movie? He already said he had no real interest in a full time Hollywood career. If there are dozens of people in the UFC who have the chance to pursue something like that, McGregor should be allowed to do so.

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 9m9 minutes ago

Chael Sonnen's suspension is over, per the NAC, on 7/23. His manager believes he'll fight again if it's the right bout (Per @ArielHelwani)

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 8m8 minutes ago

Cain Velasquez injury update: His back surgery was successful and he wants to return before July (Per @ArielHelwani)

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 8m8 minutes ago

The UFC is discussing Rory MacDonald vs. Stephen Thompson, but nothing is official just yet (Per @ArielHelwani)

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 7m7 minutes ago

Paige VanZant is hoping to return to action at UFC 200. No word on opponent just yet (Per @ArielHelwani)

• Like 1

Alexa Grasso got injured once again. Angela Hill is replacing her on next week's card.

:(

Same injury as before re-aggravated or something new?

The report that I saw didn't say what it was specifically. Just that she got injured and had to pull out.

So does Woodley get the next welterweight title shot or Carlos Condit?  On a personal level, I have no problem with letting Woodley cry about it on the MMA Hour and social media.  

According to what I've heard, it's suppose to go to Woodley. However, if Conor wins on Saturday and wants to challenge Robbie at UFC 200, that whole thing won't matter anyway. 

• Like 1