DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Colby Covington vs. new signee Max Griffin has been added to UFC 202.

Taylor Lapilus vs. Leandro Issa and Germaine de Randamie vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith has been added to the UFC card in Hamburg.

Shane Carwin: Engineer, Retired Fighter, Reddit Shitposter

I am at a real disadvantage. The size of my fingers means I can't pick up my change when I drop it. I have come up with a dropped coin system.

Penny - Do not even look down, pretend like it did not happen.

Nickel - Depends on the nails, if on a flat floor and with fingernail I can sometimes pick up a nickel. It is not easy.

Dime - Painful but much like a penny, no chance in hell I can pick it up off the floor.

Quarter - This is the tricky one. IF the quarter falls in an empty room or on an empty street it is sometimes worth picking it up. But, if the lady in the taco bell drive through drops .99 cents I am likely just out .99 cents.

I do not get special parking privileges and not government assistance for my disability. Aside from the money lost there are a lot of normal things I just can't do.

Picking my nose is not easy.

Cell phones are challenging

I can't get my keys out of my pocket

No one ever ask to thumb wrestle

People pee when you shake their hands

Life is cruel people. Pay fighters more.

Bummed that Aldana's off, was looking forward to Aldana & Grasso co headlining together. But I'm glad to see Christine Stanley get on the card, have become a big fan of her and she looked amazing last time around.

Rogan signed a new deal to stay on for another year. Apparently, he will only be doing domestic PPVs going forward. Not sure if Canada counts, but I would assume it would depend on how the show looks. I'm guessing that Stann will replace Rogan on the Fox shows.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:25 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Rogan signed a new deal to stay on for another year. Apparently, he will only be doing domestic PPVs going forward. Not sure if Canada counts, but I would assume it would depend on how the show looks. I'm guessing that Stann will replace Rogan on the Fox shows.

Seems to be a good deal for Rogan.  I recall him saying a few years ago that the extensive travel was burning him out and he could only do it for a few more years anyway.

holy shit.

i know i'm 6 months late, but i finally got a chance to watch Michael Bisping vs. Anderson Silva.

this fight was insane. i 100% agree with the judges' decision of 48-47 Bisping. But holy shit, when Silva won a round he cemented it with force. Ando celebrating after that flying knee at the R3 buzzer while Herb Dean is pressing that the fight's not over is just pure insanity. If all you had to go by was what each guy looked like after the fight then obviously Bisping lost huge. Props to him for executing his game plan to (near-)perfection and inarguably winning three rounds (and he was totally winning R3 until THAT KNEE). he absolutley earned his title shot and then went the extra step and took the strap.

what a sharp incline his career trajectory took in 2016. i'll be damned if Michael Bisping hasn't earned my respect, and then some.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, twiztor said:

Any word on if they're planning something big for Fight Night 100? Seems like a good reason to throw a great card on free tv (or, better yet, Fight Pass)

I haven't heard anything regarding that. Keep in mind, they made sure 100 and 200 both fell in July. I think the number of Fight Nights just kinda materialized so they have no special plans.

I think they might get rid of the numbers. In a sense, they already have and just use the location instead. 

On 8/1/2016 at 11:19 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is also a rumor of potentially RDA vs. Ferguson happening on the 9/24 show in Brasilia or the TUF Latin America Finale.

Update: Looks like Dos Anjos vs. Ferguson fight would be in Mexico City on 11/5.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shawn411 said:

I LOVE THAT!!! I wonder if it will be on tv or fight pass exclusive?

Pretty sure that's going to be on FS1 since what turned out to be Gastelum vs. Magny (last year's TUF Latin America Finale) was on FS1. 

On 01/08/2016 at 4:08 AM, twiztor said:

holy shit.

i know i'm 6 months late, but i finally got a chance to watch Michael Bisping vs. Anderson Silva.

this fight was insane. i 100% agree with the judges' decision of 48-47 Bisping. But holy shit, when Silva won a round he cemented it with force. Ando celebrating after that flying knee at the R3 buzzer while Herb Dean is pressing that the fight's not over is just pure insanity. If all you had to go by was what each guy looked like after the fight then obviously Bisping lost huge. Props to him for executing his game plan to (near-)perfection and inarguably winning three rounds (and he was totally winning R3 until THAT KNEE). he absolutley earned his title shot and then went the extra step and took the strap.

what a sharp incline his career trajectory took in 2016. i'll be damned if Michael Bisping hasn't earned my respect, and then some.

Great and intriguing main event fight in Michael Bisping vs. Anderson Silva. I scored it 48-47 for Bisping. Here be the other scores:

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6844/Michael-Bisping-vs-Anderson-Silva

On 17 days notice Michael Bisping replaced Chris Weidman to get his longed for UFC title shot against UFC Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold. At UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2, Michael Bisping knocked Luke Rockhold out cold in the first round to become the new UFC Middleweight Champion, the first Briton to win a UFC title. Amazing.

Reposting this awesome photo:

Kdy5wBB.jpg