DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

4 hours ago, We Dem Boyz said:

Did Zuffa own anything other than the UFC? Stemm publishing rights?

Xyience, and Gordon Biersch. Beer... the way it ought to be.

43 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Kavanagh said Conor will seek equity ;) .  From that article, it's not clear if White will retain any of his 9 percent ownership of the UFC if the deal closes.

You mean after the deal is up? I imagine that would be separate because being president and having a small stake in ownership is different. If he leaves, it will probably be like what it is with Lorenzo unless he cashes out on that 9%.

• Like 1

Not that I give a shit one way or another but FWIW Dana is indeed speaking at the Republican National Convention. Forgot what night but you can probably search that out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Not that I give a shit one way or another but FWIW Dana is indeed speaking at the Republican National Convention. Forgot what night but you can probably search that out.

So you want to be a fucking President?

• Like 5

According to Karim Zidan, Fedor's win over Maldonado has been overturned and ruled a draw by the WMMAA because of the conflict of interest between Fedor and the Russian MMA Union. However, the Russian MMA Union has chosen not to recognize this decision.

I believe the 8/27 UFC on Fox main event should be announced soon. Plenty of big bouts that could be made. Wonder if either Nick Diaz or Yoel Romero would be a part of that.

Team Alpha Male fighter Hector Sandoval, who was getting ready to fight UFC vet Joby Sanchez in a regional fight, is replacing Sean Santella against Wilson Reis at UFC 201.