DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Isn't the whole point of trolling to make it believable?

If ESPN is taking it as gospel truth with nothing firm to stand on, then it worked.

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe this is the right place to ask but is it true he also followed Triple H and Stephanie today?  I guess that was part of the work then.

I believe he started following them around Mania. People thought he was going to be there. He was in Dublin. Just speculation.

• Like 1

GSP is the happiest guy right now.

Is Charly Arnolt reliable? She's saying Conor asked for $10m for the 200 fight and then retired when UFC rejected that.

Edited by Oyaji

Haven't heard of this person before today so maybe.

This sounds like more than just a contract dispute. If you want to believe other sources, Nate got paid legit money (PPV pts on top of that $500k disclosed, Tate was on the only one of the four main/co-main combatants that didn't have that. FWIW Tate got a new deal which probably includes that now) to fight at 196, then $10 million on a show that's going to do more business is nothing.

Three months out, you can find a new main event to do 1m+. That's not a really problem. Shit, they made one that people apparently had a problem with yet it generated a ton of interest when people found out it isn't happening. So that's whatever.

But hey if it's a game of chicken, it's a guy who spends a shitload of money versus people that have the assets to make up for what he brings to the table. They survived the whole Couture debacle. They survived Lesnar's exit. They survived GSP leaving. So yeah, he's up against it in terms of what he wants to do long term especially being under contract. Short terms make it interesting because they caved to most of his demands so far. He got McGregor-Diaz 2 at 170 when it was going to be contentious among MMA circles and made very little sense. He could be back on UFC 200 in no time, and they act like sweethearts all along.

Well they have an interim title set up for Aldo vs Edgar I think.   They have been known to let these things sit for months.  Hell maybe even a year. I figure that feel like most do that he is going to have to come back.  Nobody believes this guy was good with money