DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Bellator has signed Chris Leben for career revival attempt #68. I guess people don't remember the sadness that was the Uriah Hall fight.

On a less sad note, Conor McGregor is cutting promos while on the road:

Coker said Kos/Daley II in the summer and I'm sure we'll get Leben vs. Manhoef/Sato/Schilling, so I don't think we'll get Kos/Leben.

Your UFC 197 main and co-main are official. Cormier-Jones II and Mighty Mouse vs. Cejudo will take place at MGM Grand on 4/23.

Botter is hearing that Pettis vs. Nate Diaz will headline a card the night before.

I wonder if Pettis will come in over aggressive in an attempt not to drop three straight.

Pettis has had his fair share of excuses. If his next opponent is indeed Nate, those excuses kinda go out the window.

Bad idea to go head to head against the UFC if Kimbo isn't fighting on that card.

Unless it's Lashley on the undercard, it would make more sense to run that Friday. Either way, you're competing for headlines. They're not going to win that battle.

Didn't Bjorn Rebney have them run on Saturday before on the same night as some UFC events and that didn't really work very well for them?  

All I remember is UFC 139 against Chandler vs. Alvarez under Rebney. The Connecticut shows 5 minutes apart were booked around the time Bjorn got fired. So I'm not sure whose decision that was.

Anyway, the Zagreb card will be headlined by JDS vs. Rothwell. Rothwell is saying he decided to step up because everyone else is hurt. He is saying the original plan was JDS vs. Browne, but Browne is hurt. However, I see that there is conflicting reports because Steven Marrocco is saying Browne is cleared.

• Like 1

Jones is a millionaire.  How fucking hard is it to get a driver OR get your fucking license, registration and insurance sorted?  How hard is it to make sure you have a valid driver's license when you drive?

Going to the DMV sucks but you only have to do it once every few years.  It's not hard to do.  Is he not paying for his car insurance?  They send me a new insurance card for my vehicle every six months.  

To me these are just basic things to do in life that are not hard to do, not sure how Jones continues to summarily ignore them.

Jones is a millionaire.  How fucking hard is it to get a driver OR get your fucking license, registration and insurance sorted?  How hard is it to make sure you have a valid driver's license when you drive?

Going to the DMV sucks but you only have to do it once every few years.  It's not hard to do.  Is he not paying for his car insurance?  They send me a new insurance card for my vehicle every six months.  

To me these are just basic things to do in life that are not hard to do, not sure how Jones continues to summarily ignore them.

According to his people, he has a valid license and insurance. Just didn't have it on him at the time, which is why it's not a probation violation. It's a minor infraction.

Meltzer and Alvarez, on the Daniel Bryan breaking news audio, made it sound like he got caught with two girls that ain't his girl again. Gonna say that's a bit of an overreaction.