DVDVR Message Board

2016 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Dana just said on Canadian TV that is Mickey Gall wins his fight vs. Michael Jackson at UFC 196 - he will get Punk in his debut.

...at UFC 200.

Since I haven't gotten around to Looking for a Fight yet, I am assuming the Gall fellow is one who called out Punk.

If Dave Meltzer is to be believed, Rafael dos Anjos' side is what held up the UFC 197 announcement.  RDA wanted more guaranteed money.

So I guess you could say that Conor McGregor did in fact change RDA's life but did he call up his wife and say, "It's a red panty night!"

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani  4m4 minutes ago

UFC makes it official: Conor McGregor vs. Rafael dos Anjos & Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate will co-headline UFC 197 on March 5 in Las Vegas.

When a fight/show is announced I like, its "Yes!" quickly followed by "Please don't get injured." Two big fights, one big show there.

Ediane Gomes vs. Amanda Bell is off the Saturday's Invicta FC card due to Gomes having a bad weight cut. What's funny is that I read a Gomes interview on Monday saying she got her career back in order after taking a bunch of short notice fights and her managers stealing her money. She may have jinxed herself.

I can't see this season doing very good ratings.  I think it's time to put The Ultimate Fighter in the US away fro a while.  I just think the talent pool isn't there to bring the level of prospects UFC needs right now.  The show has sort of run its course.  The show probably still has value for the international audiences, but I think they need to give it a rest in the US.

The countdown to Wanderlei Silva fighting in RIZIN or wrestling and fighting in IGF begins...

Dominick Cruz' shoutout to Florian last night was funny.

I can't see this season doing very good ratings.  I think it's time to put The Ultimate Fighter in the US away fro a while.  I just think the talent pool isn't there to bring the level of prospects UFC needs right now.  The show has sort of run its course.  The show probably still has value for the international audiences, but I think they need to give it a rest in the US.

You know, I was thinking it was about time they just put an end to the show entirely, but you have a point. They should just put it to rest in the US and just continue with their international versions. It's funny how TUF Latin America is basically South America vs. Mexico with the highlight really being on the UFC trying to scout out fighters from Mexico with the South Americans playing in the background. Hence why Pancrase (who has been trying to become a feeder league to the UFC since picking up the Fight Pass deal) is bringing in Mexicans (Rodolfo Rubio and Jose Alday) now for their upcoming card on Fight Pass.

Speaking about TUF Latin America, the talent scout Mario Delgado has done a horrid job. There's way better fighters in South America (and Mexico) than the guys that make it to the show. He just doesn't seem to care and scouts out whoever apparently.

That seems like a terrible fight for Magny

or it might be a bad fight for Lombard. I want to see how Lombard comes back post suspension. Magny is fighting the same way he fought prior to July of last year and perhaps even a little better. We haven't seen Lombard in a year once the end of January arrives.

At this point, how they've performed in their last couple of fights and the fact that Lombard hasn't fought in a year while Magny has stayed active and gone 4-1 beating decent to good competition like Strasser Kiichi, Lim, Erick Silva and Gastelum, I would say there's a good chance Magny can beat Lombard.

Now if this fight took place in 2012, I would've said Lombard would've steamrolled Magny in under a minute.