DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

The argument is Elliot whenever used a legitimate No.1 goalie who plays 60 games tends to really struggle. But really, this off-season was a classic case of "Well we had our plan and it didn't work and now we are just gonna blame everything on Oshie and just hope it works out better this upcoming year."

It's gone as expected.

Yeah, but the only time he's played anywhere near that much was in Ottawa with no defensive help. The year after his 1.56 season, he got 20 starts (I think he was hurt but can't remember). He got 25 the next year. He got 45 last year and played well (2.26, .917).

I think the all star game should change formats to where John Scott stands at center ice and the other all stars fight him individualy like a gauntlet match until one man is left standing. The winner gets a car and main events Mania.

I just ordered a California Golden Seals jersey from Aliexpress, specifically the original one with the logo that screams "late 60's/early 70's". Wish they had WHA ones but they have every defunct NHL team you can think of (even saw the Brooklyn Anericans, who in a funny note never actually played a game in Brooklyn). Nords Stastny and Rockies Lanny McDonnald are next on my want list.

Lemme know how that goes - the quality on a lot of the jerseys on there looks pretty questionable.

Each buyer and product are rated. Always check the ratings, if you see someone with 5 star ratings you know they are good.

Lemme know how that goes - the quality on a lot of the jerseys on there looks pretty questionable.

Each buyer and product are rated. Always check the ratings, if you see someone with 5 star ratings you know they are good.
I door trust the ratings. I have much higher standards for jerseys than the average Ali buyer (not a shot at you).

I door trust the ratings. I have much higher standards for jerseys than the average Ali buyer (not a shot at you).
The way I look at it is this: I'm buying a replica. It's not a jersey that a player would wear, and in this case it's a jersey from a team that has been dead for 40 years. Why pay 5x as much for a slightly better replica when 95% of people wouldn't notice a difference? As for the ratings I've found them to be a good indicator of quality. For example I got a NYK Porzingis jersey from Ali and it's way way nicer than the replica I had gotten at Model's.

Peter Mrazek with one of the greatest saves of the year, followed 10 seconds later by a bomb from Justin Abdelkader and Detroit steals one from San Jose, 2-1. And Larkin is again Detroit's best skater. I'll take it.

Canucks trade Nicklas Jensen and a late pick for Emerson Etem. Etem has always put up really good AHL numbers but it hasn't translated to the NHL. Jensen hasn't even been able to do that. Low risk move that I like. That makes it about 10-15% of Benning's decisions that I haven't hated!

I'm fine with it for Vancouver too. Friedman points out Jensen was about to become waiver eligible and Vancouver avoid potentially losing him for nothing. In exchange they get a 1st round pick whose value has been on a steady decline, but surely there has to be some kind of a player in there somewhere. Vast majority of scouts were high on him once.

He looked like gold in that series against Detroit in 2013 IIRC. He'll probably end up a 4th liner because he can skate well but there's at least a small chance he finds his scoring touch again. Jensen will probably be a KHL/SHL player within two years. He's not a good skater but he has a great wrist shot.

So I'm at Caps-Isles and apparently a blatant head shot with intent is just a 2 minute minor.

Update: Johannsen got 2 games for the hit today. I'm still amazed he only got a minor for it because it was a textbook hit to the head.

Also good for Paul Thompson making his NHL debut for the Devils tonight at age 28 after years in the minors. Always like seeing guys like that get their shot in the show.