DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

Very interesting to see who they get paired with.

As much as I despise the Calgary sports, there is part of me that hopes they get their new football stadium before this idea dies because an Edmonton/Calgary outdoor game needs to happen at least once, and Edmonton already had Montreal so they won't get another probably.

I've heard hockey folks say the Win/Min is a rivalry waiting to reignite, maybe an outdoor game would further that. But i dont know if they would the Wild in one again so soon.

Maybe just use Ottawa or Vacouver for the canadian content.

Look away Dan

@friegehnic

First time since 1978-79 STL will not get a point in any of its games against TOR.

No. I need to see it. Cause man this fucking team drives me insane.

How they made no moves to actually improve the teams core this off-season, and traded away TJ Oshie for fucking Brouwer. 

Coach has to go, GM has to go. Need a new direction badly.

The Canes suddenly don't suck.

Now don't get me wrong, "not sucking" means mediocre at best, but it's a pleasant change to see. The team finally figured out that minimizing the play of career AHLer Chris Terry, demoting first round bust Ryan Murphy and having midget shitbum Nathan Gerbe out of the lineup has solidified our defence and created some decent scoring lines.

This team isn't going to challenge for a playoff spot, but it's nice to see someone besides Justin Faulk show up to play. I just hope we can get a good return for Eric Staal.

Dylan Larkin with a fabulous breakaway last night (off a tremendous pass from Brad Richards) to provide the only action - and I do mean ONLY action - in Detroit's 1-0 win over New Jersey. This game was the poster child for "January sleepwalking game". Good grief.

Dylan Larkin with a fabulous breakaway last night (off a tremendous pass from Brad Richards) to provide the only action - and I do mean ONLY action - in Detroit's 1-0 win over New Jersey. This game was the poster child for "January sleepwalking game". Good grief.

Did anyone else watch Carolina/Edmonton? Legit as boring a hockey game as I have seen in possibly 2 years. I don't think it's exaggerating to say there were no highlights, at all, even the winning goal was sort of a half-shot that Cam Ward flubbed in a 1-0 OT game.

BUT IT'S A WIN BY GAWD

You have no idea how glad I am that I sold that ticket. My friends have a term for games like that: "padding the total".

It's one of the great uncomfortable truths of the game that the most exciting regular season in the last decade was the one chopped almost in half by the lockout.

There is no reason for an 82 game schedule in the NHL (or NBA for that matter) except $$$. Wish it was cut back to 70 (64 would be even better).
  • Like 1

Every thing the Blues were doing the last few years seemed to make sense, until this summer. Well, maybe not constantly jerking Elliott around by always bringing in other goalies, when goaltending never seemed like a pressing need.

Every thing the Blues were doing the last few years seemed to make sense, until this summer. Well, maybe not constantly jerking Elliott around by always bringing in other goalies, when goaltending never seemed like a pressing need.

I never got that either. Dude has the best goaltending season in 75 years and they... look to replace him. WTF.

The argument is Elliot whenever used a legitimate No.1 goalie who plays 60 games tends to really struggle. But really, this off-season was a classic case of "Well we had our plan and it didn't work and now we are just gonna blame everything on Oshie and just hope it works out better this upcoming year."

It's gone as expected.