DVDVR Message Board

The Fast and Furious franchise thread

LethalStriker

This might be a crazy idea, but I thought of a good replacement for Paul Walker and someone that's way, way better than Scott Eastwood.

Zac Efron. I think he'd fit in well and he's pretty charismatic.

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The drama is more entertaining than the actual movies. 

Intro to Cinema Power Moves 101, Lesson 1: I'm friends with the producers so everyone can shut the fuck up or get a pink slip.

This spin-off is actually a brand invasion.

If that ain't some nWo Wolfpack vs. nWo Hollywood shit right there.

So, is Hobbs just working with Deckard or is he recruiting both of the Shaw brothers for his global crimefighting unit?

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Either Tyrese pissed off the wrong person or Dwayne Johnson is really good at working people. I'm figuring a little bit of both.

You got worked. This video is old. 

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You got worked. This video is old. 

He's doing pre-taped promos like WCW Worldwide? Because this is a weird marketing for an album of a struggling artist.

Edit: Ohwaitaminute, Tyrese found this video. Now, it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrese is just jealous that the only reason anyone wants to put him in a movie anymore is him being the wisecracking brother.  Now that they no longer use him in the Transformers movies he's clinging to F&F a bit too much.  Sorry Tyrese you need to go out there and take part in a few smaller roles if you have to and reinvent yourself.  Take a chance on yourself for once instead of playing it safe.

You'd think if they were going to split the Franchise into two, they'd go with Vin Diesel's lads as The Fast, and Rock and Statham as the Furious.

Well all this said,  The Rock is going to learn one thing from all of this.  The spinoff movie might do very well but the star of the show is Vin Diesel in a Fast and Furious movie surrounded by "Family."  That's what sells the tickets.   The Rock added a breath of fresh air in Fast Five but he's still not the lead. 

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well all this said,  The Rock is going to learn one thing from all of this.  The spinoff movie might do very well but the star of the show is Vin Diesel in a Fast and Furious movie surrounded by "Family."  That's what sells the tickets.   The Rock added a breath of fresh air in Fast Five but he's still not the lead. 

There's nothing stopping Vin from having a glorified cameo in the spinoff film leading to the film the following year. However, I will say that if they don't have to spend a couple hundred million on this film, the lack of Dom shouldn't affect the box office. I don't think they are expecting >$1b worldwide. Based on Vin Diesel's track record outside of this franchise, I feel more confident in a film led by Dwayne Johnson than a solo Dominic Toretto film. Vin is integral, but NOT that integral. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roman Pierce started off as a tough character, but now he's comedy relief. 

Tyrese had better stop believing that his character is not expendable or Roman will end up as the murdered revenge plot driver that Han did....

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Idris Elba has been cast as the villain in whatever that spinoff movie ends up being called

This movie is for guys, who like cars, explosions, and going home to have sex with your girlfriend who is clearly thinking about sleeping with someone else.  Idris Elba, The Rock, and Jason Stathom a.k.a. the United Colors of Benneton for dudes that your girlfriend wishes you were.  

• 1 year later...

I posted in the Q3 thread, but will be more than happy to post about it here as well. Awesome movie from beginning to end. The chemistry between Rock and Statham is amazing and they both seemed to be enjoying themselves and having a shit ton of fun.

Did you see the article about how F & F movies have to be carefully negotiated because the stars all refuse to sell for one another? Vin Diesel has someone on set counting punches, to make sure he lands as many as he takes. That's why the fights between the stars always end in draws. Nobody wants to be seen to do the job.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, RonL21 said:

Hobbs and Shaw discussion here?

Saw it today.  Totally fucking GI Joe vs. Cobra in all the best ways.  Also happy that the franchise still keeps the running theme of the importance of family going on. Million stars.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I only have one question.

Spoiler

At the end of Fate of the , Owen Shaw is very much alive and helps his brother rescue Dom's kid, but in Hobbs / Shaw, Deckard mentions that Brixton's betrayal forced him to kill his brother in order to escape, so is Owen dead now or is there more than one brother in the Shaw family?

I'm thinking the latter since Owen getting killed in between Fate and Hobbs / Shaw doesn't really jive and we didn't really know that Deckard had a kid sister either.