DVDVR Message Board

The Fast and Furious franchise thread

LethalStriker

I have a soft spot for Tokyo Drift since it was always in that 1am-3am time slot on HBO. If I couldn't sleep, I would always catch it somewhere in the middle and watch until the end. It's a perfect 'can't sleep so, I'll watch this and sleep afterwards' movie.

• 4 months later...

In twenty years time, people watching this movie will be really confused why this one goes to such lengths to get Brian retired and pay tribute to the character on the way out, because it ends with just a 'For Paul' without bringing up the RIP 1973-2013.

Can't help but think that if they hadn't had to do the massive re-write, Djimon Hounsou's character would have been the main villain in the next movie.

7 did an estimated $67.3 million on Friday.

It is now projected to do between $135 and $150 million opening weekend which would be in the Top 10 highest... ever

7 did an estimated $67.3 million on Friday.

It is now projected to do between $135 and $150 million opening weekend which would be in the Top 10 highest... ever

143 and change. Ninth all time domestic non-adjusted.

Fast 5 has the plot that this movie wanted but oh, that tribute is fucking magic.  Million billion stars.

This franchise has the powerful ability to make anyplace on the earth seem cool.  I have been to the UAE on TDY and it did not look like that when I was there on business.  Then again, I did not get invited to any exclusive parties thrown by billionaire Jordanian princes.

James Wan is either secretly an African American or is the only Malaysian Chinese butt man in human existence.  Every female derriere camera shot earned me either a withering look or a full on bicep punch from my woman.

Speaking of that, thanks for getting me in trouble with my girlfriend, Wan.  She was not very happy with you casting my slave girl crush from Game of Thrones as your hot Brit hacker.  Nathalie Emmanuel, yow!

Awesomeness trumps logic in this franchise. 

The DoD employee in me is wondering how a PMC got a military chopper over LA airspace and not have it blown out of the sky by the fighter wings at either Edwards or LA AFB, but fuck it because Tony mother fucking Jaa and Paul Walker are beating the shit out of each other.

The fact that Ramsey (Nathalie Emmanuel's character) was there on the beach with them at the end kind of implies that she's part of the team now, yeah? Considering they have a couple of open spots (no Han, no Gisele, no Brian and probably no Mia (because she was never really part of the action team before, and with Brian retiring, there's no reason his wife, the mother of his children, would be involved the next story except as a brief cameo)).

Was there ever any explanation why those two Latin American guys from Fast Five (and the opening scene of the 4th one) didn't show up for six or seven?

Also, was I the only person who'd convinced himself Han was in the first movie when he actually wasn't?

Words cannot describe how absolutely much I enjoy Nathalie Emmanuel.  She is basically everything that I find attractive and then she got cast in a Fast and Furious movie.  Seriously, that is kind of like what would have happened if Michael Jordan would have actually been an all-star baseball player.  She is someone who had it all, now she is putting a cherry on top. 

A question for Nathalie Emmanuel fans:

Who's your favourite British Heptathlete? Is it Jessica Ennis-Hill, Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Morgan Lake or Louise Hazel?

A question for Nathalie Emmanuel fans:

Who's your favourite British Haptathlete? Is it Jessica Ennis-Hill, Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Morgan Lake or Louise Hazel?

I don't know what a haptathlete is, but Louise Hazel by about a kilometer(got to use the metric system talking about the lovely Brits).

Was there ever any explanation why those two Latin American guys from Fast Five (and the opening scene of the 4th one) didn't show up for six or seven?

Are you talking about Leo and Santos?  The Dominicans that were a part of the Rio crew?

in a interview [conducted in 2012] the famous reggaeton artists " Tego Calderon " has said that he isn't sure if he would be making an appearance in Fast 6.

Tego Calderon explained his experience throughout film production on Fast & Furious and Fast Five. His first appearance on Fast & Furious was exciting and something fans we're not expecting. When offered a big role on the sequel they took the role and went along. Once the movie was ready and watched the Final cut, Tego Calderon himself was not to happy with the way his role turned out to look like. He expresses "Although his scene with Don Omar was suppose to be pure comic relief it was

humiliating."

Tego Calderon did not appreciate the stereotype of him & Don Omar. Although he is thankful for appearing within the franchise he says if he returns it would not want to take a role that would be stereotype or make him look like A fool. No words on Don Omar neither is it confirm if Don Omar himself would be appearing again.

And no.  Han doesn't appear in the franchise until Tokyo Drift.

Wan nearly brought back everyone for 7 that wasn't dead or ended up in prison.  Even fucking Hector was there at Race Wars.

Rousey/Rodriguez for UFC200.  Or Wrestlemania 2016 (I'm too lazy to look up the numbering).  Book this shit now.

Seriously, the Designated Chickfight, fanservice-y though it may be, was a thing of beauty, right up to (and including) the Spanish Announce Table finish.  Yes, I know it's all choreography and editing, but it was also (ironically?) the most "real" moment in a film where most of the in-universe physics was straight out of Wile E. Coyote-ville.