DVDVR Message Board

The Fast and Furious franchise thread

LethalStriker

I haven't been able to find a Fast & Furious thread on the new DVDVR board.  So I guess I'll have to start one myself.

Tony Jaa was announced as joining the cast Fast & Furious 7 as one of Jason Statham's characters accomplices.  In addition to the already announced news that Ronda Rousey was joining the cast.  Also good chance that Lucas Black and Bow Wow could end up in the movie in some capacity.  I think that if Black and Bow Wow ended up in the movie it would be more along the lines of an after the credits scene with a bigger role in Fast 8.

I think we'll end up getting Vin Diesel vs. Jason Statham and a Dwayne Johnson vs. Tony Jaa fight scenes in the movie.  Not sure if Ronda Rousey is playing a good guy or bad guy but I wouldn't be shocked to then see a Ronda vs. Michelle Rodriguez fight scene.

I will always be thankful for this franchise getting Rock out of whatever Hollywood jail he was in after Doom/Southland Tales. Those two duds dropped, and he followed it up with Gridiron Gang, The Game Plan, Race to Witch Mountain and Tooth Fairy. What a dark time.

After Fast 5 he's played a coked-up bodybuilder, a G.I. Joe and will soon be Hercules.

All is right with the world.

• Like 1

Looks like Fast 7 is going to give Expendables 3 a run for its money.

Anyway, I'm thankful for the Fast franchise since it's probably the only reason we are getting another Riddick film, which I'm seeing Tuesday and really excited about.

With the completion of the Riddick trilogy where does Vin go for his non F&F films to work on?  F&F 7 is getting fast tracked to be out next year but you have to think that part 8 won't be out till at least 2016 so that leaves a lot of down time in his work schedule.

Kind of hope he does some more smaller budget movies and even some supporting roles.  I thought he was good in Boiler Room and Knockaround Guys.

With the completion of the Riddick trilogy where does Vin go for his non F&F films to work on?  F&F 7 is getting fast tracked to be out next year but you have to think that part 8 won't be out till at least 2016 so that leaves a lot of down time in his work schedule.

Kind of hope he does some more smaller budget movies and even some supporting roles.  I thought he was good in Boiler Room and Knockaround Guys.

Well he's doing Guardians or something with Marvel next.