DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Is that Rupert Grint with him?

Yep, that's him.  There was an interview with Iwan Rheon on NPR last week where they pretty much paraphrased AxB's comment on how such a genuinely decent human being keeps getting cast as completely horrible people.  Rheon was pretty candid about how he felt about hardcore GoT fans that could not differentiate between character and actor. 

Casting a bit of shade on the intenet folks that did not know how to hate King Joffrey while also appreciating the work that Jack Gleeson put into the role to the point that Jack quit acting altogether.

He's a Divinity / Philosophy major at Trinity College in Dublin.

Well, Iwan Rheon was already known as Simon from Misfits, and he was in Vicious at the same time as a couple of seasons of GoT (he also won an Olivier award (for best Supporting actor in a musical) a few years before any of that), so he should be more immune to that. Whereas unless you recognise Gleeson as the kid from Batman Begins, he's pretty much just Joff. Although he did do Edinburgh with his comedy troupe afterwards. Kind of low key though, just a face on a poster with three other faces... in a city that's wallpapered in fresh posters every fifteen minutes for a whole month.

On 9/19/2016 at 1:34 PM, J.T. said:

Yep, that's him.  There was an interview with Iwan Rheon on NPR last week where they pretty much paraphrased AxB's comment on how such a genuinely decent human being keeps getting cast as completely horrible people.  Rheon was pretty candid about how he felt about hardcore GoT fans that could not differentiate between character and actor. 

Casting a bit of shade on the intenet folks that did not know how to hate King Joffrey while also appreciating the work that Jack Gleeson put into the role to the point that Jack quit acting altogether.

He's a Divinity / Philosophy major at Trinity College in Dublin.

Wasnt he planning on giving up acting for university anyway? It seems to.come up a lot in early season pressers.

The father of El Rey Network, Robert Rodriguez, is going to direct James Cameron's live action adaptation of Gunnm, better known to the gaijin as Battle Angel Alita.

So far the cast includes Ed Skein,, Christopher Walz, Jackie Earle Hayley, and Rosa Salazar in the role of the titular killer cyborg.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Fist Fight. Starring Ice Cube and Charlie Day.

I was waiting for this trailer to show up because I heard about it for the first time like 2 days ago and it made me laugh because it was the same day that someone (piranesi???) referenced 3 O'clock High and I was like "Oh man - this is totally the spiritual successor to that."

Fences

Yes this is adaptation of the Tony winning play. In fact the revival got Denzel and Viola Davis Tonys so they are so far into the characters already.

Yes, you are saying God Damn I need to see this.

Edit - Oh and I forgot to mention that Denzel is directing this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Fences

Yes this is adaptation of the Tony winning play. In fact the revival got Denzel and Viola Davis Tonys so they are so far into the characters already.

Yes, you are saying God Damn I need to see this.

Edit - Oh and I forgot to mention that Denzel is directing this

If I am not mistaken, it is the entire cast from the Denzel and Viola's 2010 revival.

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Read: Jon Favreau will direct a CGI version of the Lion King with recast voices and less Elton John songs that made the original so endearing.

To be fair - the movie will have songs from the original (same with the Beauty and the Beast version they are doing).

The quantity of songs - that is a different story.