DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, RIPPA said:

SULLY

Two things

1) Roughly the first minute is behind the scenes with the real Sully and Eastwood

2) It kinda sorta is like the entire movie but since it is also a true event is that really a spoiler?

I am not sure who I want to larynx punch more:  the "the trailer spoils the movie" people, the "where is Nathan Drake?" people, or the "this movie rips off Flight" people.

I have no idea what this is but I'm going to watch the everloving shit out of it

edit:

Zaschitniki (In Russian: The Defenders or The Guardians) is a Russian neo-noir superhero film directed by Armenian director Sarik Andreasyan and starring Sebastien Sisak, Anton Pampuchniy, Sanzhar Madiev, Alina Lanina, Valeria Shkirando and Stanislav Shirin.

The film is about a group of Soviet superheroes created during the Cold War. The group includes representatives of the different nationalities of the USSR, superpowers protagonists reflect strengths and traditions of the people of the USSR.

Yeah, I posted that in Comic Book Projects That Don't Warrant A Thread even though technically it is not a comic book movie.....

....well it kinda sorta is since the Guardians bear not so subtle similarity to Marvel's Soviet Super Soldiers / People's Protectorate / Winter Guard with a few differences thrown in to avoid a lawsuit.. 

soviet_super_soldiers.jpg

Looks like when the creators of Guardians cribbed the Winter Guard, they gave Ursa Major a mini-gun and a pair of pants, while there is some guy there that is a combination of Winter Soldier and Vanguard and the female looks like a pastiche of Invisible Girl / Black Widow / Darkstar.

I like how they avoided complete plagiarism by making the fourth member a generic telekinetic / earth bender instead of using a guy in powered armor..

I'll still go and see that thing anyway since it looks fucking bonkers.

Here is the Wikipedia page for Zaschitniki (Guardians)

So yeah, the bear guy (Ursus) is pretty much Ursa Major from the Winter Guard but he can wear pants and has an electric cannon.  The rock flinging terrakinetic dude (Ler aka Landman) is an Earth Bender from Avatar: The Last Air Bender. 

The guy with the crescent blades (Khan aka Windman) seems to have some MCU super soldier qualities, but he's not a cyborg like Winter Soldier and he also has some similarities with MCU and Fox X-Men Quicksilver.

The blonde (Xenia aka Waterwoman) seems to be a water elemental.  She doesn't turn invisible:  she converts her body into a fluid state that is transparent and she is also a hydrokinetic / Water Bender..

On 8/9/2016 at 8:16 AM, RIPPA said:

The Sea of Trees

Director: Gus Van Sant

Starring: Cancer

On 8/9/2016 at 9:10 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Wasn't that shit upon from a great height when it was released at Cannes last year?

On 8/9/2016 at 9:40 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yes, along with being booed during the screening of the film.

it's apparently going to be released this week.  Current Rotten Tomatoes:  0.

Being called the "nadir of Van Sant's career."  Personally, I still think it's GWH2:

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

I'll just be over in the corner here looking after my allergies

Fuck you, Chester Copperpot. I need to send a trouble ticket to building maintenance.  Obviously these fucking HVAC filters need replacing.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Shut In

Everything says it is a thriller so that is why I put it in this thread

Aw.  I've seen The Babadook so I think I know how this is going to end. :(

I'll probably go and check it out anyway.