DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

Strange remake that I found out was happening: The Beguiled

Apparently, Colin Farrell is playing the Eastwood character I believe and Nicole Kidman is playing the headmistress lady. 

Now, I found this out like minutes after watching the original. That's a bizarre selection out of the Eastwood/Malpaso library to remake. Within like 5 minutes of the opening credits, Clint Eastwood is kissing a 12 year old girl in the mouth and for a long time. I am not sure how you can get away with 75% of that movie now. 

12 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Reviews are coming in for the new Ben Hur, and surprise, surprise, they are not good. . . . .

Oh, man.  The last couple times I've been to the movies, the theatre has run this BEN HUR featurette that's basically the trailer with some talking head bits from the cast and crew.  Anybody else seen this?

In it, Morgan Freeman describes Ben Hur thusly: "He's in real serious kill-mode."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt D said:

Great reviews for Kubo though. Everyone in my family other than me is excited for that. 

I am not terribly jazzed about it and am kinda happy that my daughter is in her teens and really isn't interested in animated movies anymore, but I will be buying the soundtrack if that shamisen cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the trailer is on it.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am not terribly jazzed about it and am kinda happy that my daughter is in her teens and really isn't interested in animated movies anymore, but I will be buying the soundtrack if that shamisen cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the trailer is on it.

They got Regina Spektor to sing it!

• Like 1

The 6th Mission Impossible has had pre-production delayed due to a dispute of Tom Cruise's salary

This is the 2nd delay already but Paramount is still hoping to get it out by the end of 2017

SULLY

Two things

1) Roughly the first minute is behind the scenes with the real Sully and Eastwood

2) It kinda sorta is like the entire movie but since it is also a true event is that really a spoiler?

33 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Was Hallmark Hall of Fame too busy?

Goddamn, they have Eddie doing the magical negro bit too:

Unless it turns out he was fucking that girl the whole time and knocked her up, I am not going to watch this one.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, RIPPA said:

SULLY

Two things

1) Roughly the first minute is behind the scenes with the real Sully and Eastwood

2) It kinda sorta is like the entire movie but since it is also a true event is that really a spoiler?

I am not sure who I want to larynx punch more:  the "the trailer spoils the movie" people, the "where is Nathan Drake?" people, or the "this movie rips off Flight" people.