DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

The all female Ocean's Eleven remake will be called Ocean's Eight, and only be 8 characters of course vs. the original 11.

For those wondering, they're only 6% short of the average.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

The all female Ocean's Eleven remake will be called Ocean's Eight, and only be 8 characters of course vs. the original 11.

I'm not the only one who did the math to make a gender wage gap joke today! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Cant wait for the inevitable "anyone who doesn't like this is a misogynist" counter-backlash...

Speaking of all female remakes

Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Ghostbusters is looking like it will lose about 70 million and now the sequel is "unlikely"

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Ghostbusters is looking like it will lose about 70 million and now the sequel is "unlikely"

Someone will scream misogyny and a sequel will get greenlit if DVD sales make up the difference.

Sausage Party is tracking at 86% Fresh at RT.  Who knew?  Looked pretty stupid to me.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Which is too bad, because it is quite a lot of fun. As for the all-female Oceans 11, the trip for me is not the all women part. Haven't seen the rat pack version, but Clooney and Pitt have this amazing chemistry(the other guys are good too, but the movie hangs on them), and I'm not sure Sandra Bullock and whomever can pull it off. . .

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Deadline is reporting that Antoine Fuqua is in talks to direct a Scarface remake

I guess Fuqua is the go-to director at Universal now. I figure that would be his spot to lose since the writer who wrote Straight Outta Compton was hired to rewrite Paul Attanasio's script, which happens to be a rewrite of David Ayer's script.

Personally, I'm happy for the brother. It's 2016 and there is still only like five or six prominent black directors. That's pathetic, but I'm glad the good ones are getting work.

34 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The MIB /  Jump Street crossover film is now unlikely to happen - thankfully

They could still make it for 80 million instead of 160 and turn a nice profit, but studio executives seem to only bounce between timidly playing it safe or Caligula-level hubris. 

Great.  A movie based on something totally awesome that has already been shown to totally infuriate me and make me cry. 

You may as well do a modern rendition of A Hatful of Rain to make sure I will remain an emotional mess for weeks.

I don't think you can graduate from an HBCU these days without reading one of the Brother Sister plays.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

...and Ivan Reitman has now taken complete control of the franchise via the Ghost Corps. holding company that Sony/Columbia set up.  He'll control the new Ecto-Force cartoon and the CGI film supposedly coming out in 2019 and will apparently have a larger hand in any "unlikely" sequels that come out.

Hollywood Reporter says all four women have options for sequels, but Entertainment Weekly says only McKinnon and Jones are locked in and Wiig and McCarthy would need new contracts/raises.

Also, the developers of the shitty XBox One/PS4 Ghostbusters game filed for bankruptcy the day after the game came out last month.

Apparently, Mena (the Doug Liman directed Tom Cruise Bush/CIA conspiracy drug running film) has been moved from January 6, 2017 to September 29, 2017. Also, it has been retitled American Made. 

4 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Hollywood Reporter says all four women have options for sequels, but Entertainment Weekly says only McKinnon and Jones are locked in and Wiig and McCarthy would need new contracts/pay cuts.

FTFY.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

The concept for Ecto Force sounds a lot like Extreme Ghostbusters.   I hated that cartoon.

I've been hearing of Ecto Force, but nothign about its actual concept. And I liked Extreme.

"Birth of a Nation" director Nate Parker is now coming under fire on a 17-year old rape charge which basically amounts to a he-said/she-said where she claims she was drunk during sex in college and he said it was consensual.  

Charges were dismissed against Parker and his roommate (who cowrote "Nation) was found guilty but overturned on appeal.