DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Lauzon doesn't look like little Andy. Gosling does. Besides which:

Joe-Lauzon-UFC-123-PreFight-450x260.jpg vsryan_gosling.jpg

Compare the shoulder width. Compare the cauliflower ears.

Nope, I'm still picking ole J-Lau. Shit, add Tamdan McCrory (pre 2015 return before he added muscle mass) to that as well. Tall, lanky balding pale man in his 20s who looks like an introvert IT guy? Oh yeah, I'm swinging on him. I would try to fight them both before fighting Gosling.

You don't know little Andy. He used to have long blonde hair. When the Fellowship of the Ring came out, someone told him their was a character in it that looked just like him. He said "Who, Legolas?". She said "No, Galadriel". And I can't see Ryan Gosling without seeing him.

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

You don't know little Andy. He used to have long blonde hair. When the Fellowship of the Ring came out, someone told him their was a character in it that looked just like him. He said "Who, Legolas?". She said "No, Galadriel". And I can't see Ryan Gosling without seeing him.

...But he doesn't look like Galadriel.

I know. He was very sensitive about his lack of masculinity. Largely because we constantly mocked him for his lack of masculinity. Y'know, stuff like you'd ask him what sort of milk he wanted in his tea, and he'd say Semi-Skimmed. And instantly it's "Oh, like a Woman would have. Gotcha."

Real men drink Full Cream milk by the way.

nb: To clarify, I know these stories make me look like an unrepentant bully. The thing is, he was a guy who all he had going for him was good looks and charisma, but that allowed him to be the guy who did 10% of the work and got 90% of the credit. Boss would tell the two of us to move some bags of coal to the second bunker. He'd pick up one 10kg bag with both hands and walk, then drop it in place (so the bag breaks half the time). I'd sling 3x25kg bags over my shoulder and jog, then set them down gently. Go back in the shop and the boss says "Thanks Andy".

Also, we're supposed to get a half hour break every shift. He takes a ten minute fag (cigarette) break every hour, and still thinks he deserves the half hour as well. I was the guy who worked there, he was just paid the same as me to do much less and be a bitch about it. Spend four hours complaining that he's hungry, eat half a Mars bar and complain for the next four hours that he's eaten too much and he might be sick. And he picks up girls he doesn't fancy because he knows you do like them. So if it sounds like he had a hard time, rest assured he deserved it. And that's who I see when I look at Ryan Gosling. So Ryan Gosling can kiss my arse. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think that is the commentary where Affleck is just attacking all the plot holes (including just not training astronauts) and Michael Bay tells him to shut the fuck up

He goes on that exact rant on one of the Smith movie commentaries. Like I said, I think Jersey Girl but I'm not sure.

Before I click on that, is it gonna freak me out like the poster? 

Also, a friend of mine refuses -- REFUSES -- to accept that the AvP movies and Prometheus are part of Alien canon. No clue why and me and him are gonna have to sit down and discuss it face to face at some point since he erupted on Facebook about it. The screencap on that just reminded me of his irrational prejudice and makes me laugh

I think it's reasonable to say that the AvP movies aren't canon because it's a combination of two entirely different franchises, so those movies operate in a unique universe all of their own. The comparison with the Star Wars prequels isn't correct because those prequels were still fully about Star Wars. If they'd made movies that combined, say, Star Wars and Star Trek, then you could consider those not part of the canon.

Although personally I don't give a flying fuck about 'part of the canon' or not. I don't understand the importance. Some movies I loved; others I hated. That's it. And as long as they keep pumping out Alien movies, I'll keep watching because the first two movies are amongst my all-time favourites.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic