DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

While the Spiderman move up was mentioned in the Marvel thread - it meant other regular movies changed

The next Pirates of the Caribbean is now May 2017

The Jumanji reboot - which was supposed to be Christmas of this year - is now July 28, 2017 

The Mummy reboot has been moved to June 9, 2017 (a delay of 3 months)

June 9, 2017 now has The Mummy reboot, the World War Z sequel and the last Divergent movie

I am thinking someone should probably blink

I really hope that synopsis of the Mummy reboot is fake on IMDB, it sounds terrible. I do not want to see 'Navy Seal' Tom Cruise pretending to have visions so he opens a sarcophagus. The visions stuff didn't work in the Fraser trilogy. Moving it forward to present day could be interesting, but it's all just so unnecessary.. 

If they wanted to move The Mummy to present day they should have had Rock play the great-great-great.... etc of the Scorpion King.

Same story with him being a Navy Seal, same timeline and all that. Have the visions come to him because he is related by blood etc.

In weird news of the week...

September 2001 was allegedly witness to one of the strangest road trips in history: Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando driving from New York to Ohio in an attempt to get home following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The saga is now being dramatised in a one-off special for Sky Arts, starring Joseph Fiennes as Jackson, Stockard Channing as Taylor and Brian Cox as Brando.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jan/26/joseph-fiennes-michael-jackson-9-11-road-trip-sky-arts

In weird news of the week...

September 2001 was allegedly witness to one of the strangest road trips in history: Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando driving from New York to Ohio in an attempt to get home following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The saga is now being dramatised in a one-off special for Sky Arts, starring Joseph Fiennes as Jackson, Stockard Channing as Taylor and Brian Cox as Brando.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jan/26/joseph-fiennes-michael-jackson-9-11-road-trip-sky-arts

Boy who is the "normal" one of that group?

Christ, I know he had an interesting look by then, but a white dude playing MJ seems like a massive slap in the face.

100 years from now, MJ will always have been a white guy.  His biopic in 2116 is going to star Suri Cruise's son. 

This should be great for the soundtrack alone

Looks alright, but minus points for a lame music snob cliche shot at Phil Collins Genesis. The run from Duke through Abacab to their self-titled was fucking brilliant...

Looks good enough except that Jack Reynor is one of the most overrated "up and comers" around these days.

Elizabeth Banks is going to be the "villain" in the upcoming Power Rangers movie.  I wish the producers would just come out and say RITA REPULSA~!

Every time I try to wake from this nightmare, it engulfs me again.