DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

The father of El Rey Network, Robert Rodriguez, is going to direct James Cameron's live action adaptation of Gunnm, better known to the gaijin as Battle Angel Alita.

So far the cast includes Ed Skein,, Christopher Walz, Jackie Earle Hayley, and Rosa Salazar in the role of the titular killer cyborg.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Fist Fight. Starring Ice Cube and Charlie Day.

I was waiting for this trailer to show up because I heard about it for the first time like 2 days ago and it made me laugh because it was the same day that someone (piranesi???) referenced 3 O'clock High and I was like "Oh man - this is totally the spiritual successor to that."

Fences

Yes this is adaptation of the Tony winning play. In fact the revival got Denzel and Viola Davis Tonys so they are so far into the characters already.

Yes, you are saying God Damn I need to see this.

Edit - Oh and I forgot to mention that Denzel is directing this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Fences

Yes this is adaptation of the Tony winning play. In fact the revival got Denzel and Viola Davis Tonys so they are so far into the characters already.

Yes, you are saying God Damn I need to see this.

Edit - Oh and I forgot to mention that Denzel is directing this

If I am not mistaken, it is the entire cast from the Denzel and Viola's 2010 revival.

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Read: Jon Favreau will direct a CGI version of the Lion King with recast voices and less Elton John songs that made the original so endearing.

To be fair - the movie will have songs from the original (same with the Beauty and the Beast version they are doing).

The quantity of songs - that is a different story.

They made Wayne's little head bleed!

I HATED Swingers the first time I watched it. I didn't understand it at all. I also watched it in the middle of high school.

After high school, in college, and more in the dating scene, I watched it again and fell in love with it.

When I watch it now, it's a little like watching Clerks. It hasn't aged particularly well, but it's cool to think about where Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, and Doug freaking Liman would go from there. In that sense, it's better than Clerks considering that all three of those guys did some pretty cool shit, but there's also a certain charm for Kevin Smith basically doing whatever the hell he wants now. We all should be so lucky.

But yeah, Made 2, make it happen!