DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Never watched the show personally,  but when she was cast in the Tomb Raider game, links to said clips were floating around. 

Nothing made you click on the links, dude.

So that's not actually about the Dutch Tulip Mania of the 17th Century? No deal. I want a movie where Christoph Waltz throws around exorbitant amounts of money and screams about how he must have all...those...speculative....tulip...bulbs!

1 hour ago, elizium said:

So that's not actually about the Dutch Tulip Mania of the 17th Century? No deal. I want a movie where Christoph Waltz throws around exorbitant amounts of money and screams about how he must have all...those...speculative....tulip...bulbs!

It kinda is

via Wiki

Set in the Netherlands in the early 17th-century, during the period of the Tulip mania, an artist (Dane DeHaan) falls for a married young woman (Alicia Vikander) while he's commissioned to paint her portrait by her husband (Christoph Waltz). The two invest in the risky tulip market in hopes to build a future together.

Elton John fired his roadie once. The roadie put roses on his piano, and Elton really wanted tulips on his organ.

• Like 3

Oh there are victims - the trailer made sure to make that clear.

I feel like there has to be better ways to see Blake Lively in a bathing suit that won't waste 2 hours of your time.

The others might require you to register as a sex offender though.  

Also, Viggo came out of retirement again.  I can't decide whether he's right or I want to punch him in the face repeatedly:

So it was briefly reported on THR yesterday that Scott Rudin would be producing a James Franco-helmed Blood Meridian, with Russell Crowe and Vincent D'onofrio in the cast. The deal then immediately fell through when it was revealed that Rudin didn't have the right to the novel.

After the recent news that Cormac McCarthy himself had offered to adapt the book for John Hillcoat but couldn't due to Rudin blocking them, I'm wondering who actually has the rights to the novel.

I don't even know if I could bring myself to watch it no matter who is involved because I love the novel so much, so maybe it's all a blessing in disguise