DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

ANd here is what IMDB has for the description for 10 Cloverfield Lane

Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.

Ridley Scott on the new Alien:

I think I’m going to do a pretty hard R .I always remember walking down the edge in Saint Louis when we were previewing [Alien], I couldn’t sit through the film one more time. I walked down the edge into the kitchen scene when John Hurt started to bring up his breakfast. That moment, I realized how pretty scary the film was… I felt a sense of responsibility that I had gone too far because it was extreme. I’m going to try and do that again this year, but much worse.

A good sign?

I guess now that he's conquered comedy...

I mean...wasn't the thing everyone was talking about after Prometheus was Shaw performing her own surgery with the squid parasite?

No, it was that Charlize Theron ran in straight line from a falling spire.

• Like 1

So there's somebody on Reddit saying that the Cloverfield sequel isn't a sequel at all, but rather a small, low budget film based on a script that's been floating around for years, was shot in 2014, then Paramount decided to slap the Cloverfield tag on to try to drum up interest.

Either way, it looks interesting enough to me, Cloverfield or not.

Jamie Foxx signed on to play Little John in Robin Hood: Origins opposite Taron Egerton. No it's not a joke.

I think Foxx is trying to compete with Samuel L. Jackson for biggest movie whore on the planet title.

And people say there are no good roles for, ahem, "actors of color."

I know there was a Little John in the film, but maybe Foxx is thinking he could be as cool as Morgan Freeman in Prince of Thieves?

Foxx probably sat down to watch some Alan Rickman films, saw Freeman giving zero fucks as he stole every scene from Costner, and thought "I can do that!".