DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

It is a very bad sign that none of the jokes in any of the fifteen different TV spots I've seen for Ride Along 2 have gotten even a slight chuckle from me.

Not that the first was some classic, but if these are the ones that are selling the movie on.. Egads

• Like 1

Jamie Foxx signed on to play Little John in Robin Hood: Origins opposite Taron Egerton.  No it's not a joke.

Normally I applaud alternate casting, but Little John was a white man.  There was no such thing as a black Saxon.

Some folklore always seems to place a Saracen or a Moor in the company of the Merry Men so why can't Foxx play one of them?  They invited Azeem just to get Morgan Freeman a paycheck in Prince of Thieves and the assassin Nasir was a pretty popular character in the BBC series.

Apart from that, do we really need more adaptations of Robin Hood? Don't we have enough of those by now?

There should've never been another adaptation after the Errol Flynn joint.  It is about as perfect as a movie can get.

• Like 1

Apart from that, do we really need more adaptations of Robin Hood? Don't we have enough of those by now?

There should've never been another adaptation after the Errol Flynn joint.  It is about as perfect as a movie can get.

You spelled Kevin Costner incorrectly J...

There should've never been another adaptation after the Errol Flynn joint. It is about as perfect as a movie can get.

You spelled Daffy Duck incorrecly Dolfan ...

• Like 5

There should've never been another adaptation after the Errol Flynn joint. It is about as perfect as a movie can get.

Ah ha! Hee Hee! Ho Ho! Turn! Perry! Dodge! Thrust!!

• Like 2

1) Warning - since it seems like the usual "Here is the whole movie in the trailer" stuff

2) I think we said this when the first trailer came out but "God Damn what a cast..."

Jamie Foxx signed on to play Little John in Robin Hood: Origins opposite Taron Egerton.  No it's not a joke.

Normally I applaud alternate casting, but Little John was a white man.  There was no such thing as a black Saxon.

Some folklore always seems to place a Saracen or a Moor in the company of the Merry Men so why can't Foxx play one of them?  They invited Azeem just to get Morgan Freeman a paycheck in Prince of Thieves and the assassin Nasir was a pretty popular character in the BBC series.

Little John is supposed to be played by a great big bear of a man. Jamie Foxx is 5'9" and skinny. Bad Casting~!

Nasir was in the ITV series from the 80s, not the BBC one. The BBC one was only 8 years ago.

The Costner one was rubbish. Nottingham is over 150 mile from the South Coast, you're never walking that in a day. Shit, you aren't riding a horse that far in a day. And it made a terrible Bryan Adams song number one in the hit parade for three sodding months.

And loads of Americans can't even pronounce Robin Hood properly. Rob-In (pause) Hood. Not Rob'n'hood. Although if they were doing a modern urban/ghetto version of the story, Rob'n'Hood would be a good title.

Now that stupid song is playing in my head.

I hate you all so very much.

To this day, anytime I read a fantasy novel with in-universe song lyrics (i.e. Name of the Wind), my first instinct is to see how well they fit with that song.  When they inevitably don't, I make shit up in my head.

• Like 1

You guys spell Cary Elwes in the weirdest ways...

• Like 7