DVDVR Message Board

[TV] JANUARY 2016 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The old TV edit that put the first two together and told the story chronologically (with a couple deleted scenes added back in) was how I first saw the movie, on VHS from my college's library. It's interesting that way, but Christ is Cuba really fucking boring without cutting to the superior plot.

Watched the first two episodes of Master of None. Thought it was well directed/framed but also only really laughed once in the two episodes and some stuff like his audition in the coffee shop was way over the top when it would have actually been a lot funnier if he was more of a human being and less of a character there.

On the other hand the first five minutes of a Danny Kaye radio show from the 40s I heard yesterday where he made fun of Jack Benny's toupee was about 20 times funnier.

• Like 1

My issue was 30 minutes in, and there wasn't *any* clue as to what was actually going on or why. I don't need spoon feeding, but I could use a crumb or two to get in the right direction, the show had neither outside from post-something weeding out genetic issues in a totalitarian society.

I had zero interest in Angie Tribeca.  Caught a few minutes of one of the eps, ended up watching the whole season.  Not really my thing, but it's rather funny if you like dumb sight gags and over-the-top humor.  I laughed quite a bit.

BBC's new miniseries version of "And Then There Were None" with Charles MOTHERFUCKING DANCE is coming to Lifetime of all places.

Is there any word when? That's one of my favorite books.

BBC's new miniseries version of "And Then There Were None" with Charles MOTHERFUCKING DANCE is coming to Lifetime of all places.

Is there any word when? That's one of my favorite books.

I can't find it listed anywhere.  But they ran a trailer on the Critic's Choice awards.

I started watching The 100 last night on Netflix and ended up liking it way more than I expected to.  Wound up watching the first 6 episodes.  I really like most of the cast and the kind of Lost slow burn that they've started with.