DVDVR Message Board

[TV] JANUARY 2016 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

As someone who regularly watches the finale about once every other month, it'll be nice with that chunk of time added back in.

I've probably seen it twice outside of the original airing. Both of those experiences were on Netflix. The first time was on the finale's one year anniversary. The second time was when my now wife watched the series all the way through. I may actually saw it another time when she did a full rewatch. I'm pro-finale up until the closing minutes of that church scene, so I love revisiting it.

Apparently the Lost finale on Netflix is missing 18 minutes, and Netflix is working to correct it:

As someone who regularly watches the finale about once every other month, it'll be nice with that chunk of time added back in.

Like, as a ritual?

It's one of my all time favorite tv series and I seriously love the series finale. All of it. I'd like to re-watch the series again, which would be the 4th time around, but I would want to figure out a way to condense each season into 10 to 13 episodes. The problem is that tucked away in some of the more boring episodes is a juicy chunk of story that you need to see or hear to make sense out of something later.

Started watching You're the Worst at the start of the week. I thought that Jay Baruchel was in this series since I kept seeing commercials for it while watching The League. Nearly done with the second season and I'm pretty sure Man Seeking Woman is the show that Jay is in. This show was really fun and different and pretty light hearted all things considered until about halfway through season 2. Now they've given one of the characters a serious issue and the last few episodes have made me want to stop watching the show it seems to have fallen off so quickly. But I only have like three episodes left so I'll finish the season and then at worst not come back for season 3. 

I've never heard anyone call You're The Worst light hearted before. It is a very piece of cynicla comedy about toxic people trying to form an actual connection. The serious issue you refer to one of the characters having is one of those things that can make or break a relationship in its early stages. Stick through it to he end of the season and it pays off. Also, Kether Donohoe is brilliant and beautiful!

James

I guess Lindsey (sp?) and Edgar are both pretty light hearted. Dorothy as well. I guess really Lindsey is toxic its just she's so damn adorable at it that I don't mind. I stuck with it and it was ok I just didn't laugh at all since her issue came up. Here I was laughing along at these miserable people and then it got super serious in a hurry and it just wasn't fun anymore. The last episode was decentish. Basically everything outside of the two main characters was still pretty good for me atleast. 

I'm more interested in this Hulu Original Series, RIP:

As for LOST, as I always say because I can't let it go obviously, I think the entire last season wasn't very good and more of an issue than the series finale. The finale was whatever.  You got what you wanted in it(reunions, nostalgic feelings, etc) or didn't and it was over.  Yet, even some of the people who loved the finale and still are very fond of the show, we'll admit that some of the last season turns aren't the best. But yeah. The characters.  The show was about the characters...blah blah blah.  We've all been down this road.

I'm with Jrag about the Flash Forward twist being my high point.  I specifically remember being on a previous incarnation of this forum, and the topic blowing up from 1 page to multiple in a very short period after third season finale ended.  Good times.

Edited by _MJ_

Jesus, the HFPA just does not give a fuck anymore. Lady Gaga just won an award over Kirsten Dunst for FARGO.

I wish you all could've seen the wicked side eye DiCaprio was giving her as she passed him going to the stage.

• Like 1

Okay, we all know the HFPA are a corrupt joke, so it's not worth getting worked up about...But Amazon has to be on some Sepp Blatter FIFA shit to get MOZART IN THE JUNGLE all these Golden Globes.

Come on, everyone knows 2015 was the year of Mozart and Jobs.  No one could stop talking about them!

Some day I wish someone would win one of these and just make up a bunch of names for people to thank since like almost no one would every know the difference.  Or someone would take the time to just make a big list of all the names of thanked people just because reading it out loud would be such an absurd thing to do.

And so I guess Room is not the same as the Room, huh.