DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Amazon just informed me that they didn't receive enough copies of SF5 and I won't be getting a copy on Tuesday. I am pissed.

If you're into SF for the single player content, don't be.  It is far from finished.  Might want to wait until summer.  If you're playing to crack skulls, be very upset.

Gonna be a long 2 days for me.

Amazon just informed me that they didn't receive enough copies of SF5 and I won't be getting a copy on Tuesday. I am pissed.

You should be. That's a shitty thing for them to do. Maybe cancel it and buy it digitally?

That'll cost me too much extra what with the Prime 20% discount.  

If you're into SF for the single player content, don't be.  It is far from finished.  Might want to wait until summer.  If you're playing to crack skulls, be very upset.

Gonna be a long 2 days for me.

I knew that the Netherrealm-style story mode wasn't coming til June or July, didn't realize it was that bad single player (the betas were scheduled at the worst time for me to play them, so I haven't touched the game).  Thanks for the heads up; I'm mostly a single-player and couch guy, I'm nowhere near good enough to have much fun online.  If they can get it to me by Wed or Thu I'll probably keep it to save the money; if it's going to be a week or more I'll just wait.

I know Metal Gear fans have dealt (and are used to) this - but Quantum Break having 22 minute cut scenes... excuse me "TV Shows" makes me lose total interest in the game

Anyone try The Division open beta yet?  I played through all the missions and side missions and encounters.  It got me to about level 8.  I hit about level 5 in the Dark Zone.

It has a pretty good cover system, good shooting controls.  I think movement is a little too stiff.  Also too many impractical cover points.  Like pretty much every spot in the sandbox apparently thinks you want to use it to hug the wall and cover. 

I'm a bit iffy on the always online thing.  From what I got to play, it feels like there should be a basic single player campaign for this game, and then you can putter around and do all the online co-op stuff later.  I don't want to spend five years putting New York back together.

That being said, the realization of a post-pandemic New York City is very well done.  It's a lot more interesting than say Destiny.  After a while, the maps begin to feel claustrophobic.  

I know Metal Gear fans have dealt (and are used to) this - but Quantum Break having 22 minute cut scenes... excuse me "TV Shows" makes me lose total interest in the game

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I laid down my preorder when they revealed that it'll come with a copy of Alan Wake!

Anyone try The Division open beta yet?  I played through all the missions and side missions and encounters.  It got me to about level 8.  I hit about level 5 in the Dark Zone.

It has a pretty good cover system, good shooting controls.  I think movement is a little too stiff.  Also too many impractical cover points.  Like pretty much every spot in the sandbox apparently thinks you want to use it to hug the wall and cover. 

I'm a bit iffy on the always online thing.  From what I got to play, it feels like there should be a basic single player campaign for this game, and then you can putter around and do all the online co-op stuff later.  I don't want to spend five years putting New York back together.

That being said, the realization of a post-pandemic New York City is very well done.  It's a lot more interesting than say Destiny.  After a while, the maps begin to feel claustrophobic.  

Played a bit of it earlier, and my thought are more or less the same.

• Like 1

There is a little bit in here too

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4601-the-division-beta/

Im gonna try to play a couple hours today

So Naughty Dog released a hot new trailer for Uncharted 4 yesterday that apparently looks great. I wouldn't know though - by the time I came across it, it had been marked private because they ripped off art from Assassin's Creed 4 in it.