DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Yes, XB1 players will get RDR2 or ME: Andromeda. My mistake.

I managed to Platinum The Last of Us, so....go me? And I liked The Last of Us for whatever reason.

My rant not withstanding, you are absolutely 100% right.  Title for title,  PS4 smokes XB1 in the catalogue war and it surprises no one that PS4 sales have exceeded a whopping 50 million units.

For every Gears of War 4, Watch Dogs 2, and Dishonored 2 that comes out, PS4 gets in three or four Tier B titles that are really really good. 

Sooner or later MS is going to have to rethink their reliance on major titles to sell consoles.  Unless you've got a really strong line-up, you will eventually encounter a game drought that will not move units and some other titles need to be there to tide gamers over to the next big thing.

I played Last of Us on 'full time job and other responsibilities' mode (aka easy) and found the gameplay to be perfectly acceptable, but as with every game I pick up these days I was playing it for the narrative rather than the gameplay or challenge or whatever

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Stupidly though, I never did anything fun when I played GTAV as I just blasted through the narrative completely missing the point of the game for most people haha :/

Thousands of hours in GTA Online?

6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I dream of a sequel to Bully where you play as a teacher and it's like that Vice Principals comedy show

OH GOD YES. Just take the main character from the original game Jimmy and have him become a teacher and have one of the bullies be a vice principal at Bulworth. The whole crux of the game is Jimmy getting back at the vice principal with the help of his students and a female teacher who was in the same class as Jimmy. 

Including a new student at Bulworth and you switch between viewpoints as you pull off this prank.

There will also be scenes that came straight out of Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and other '80s teen comedies.

License to print freakin' money there.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 4:35 AM, CreativeControl said:

I played Last of Us on 'full time job and other responsibilities' mode (aka easy)

my pride won't let me play any mode other than "normal". or harder. i have to add that "or harder" part to satisfy said ego. i never play anything tougher than normal unless i'm already well versed in the game.

I'll only knock it down to easy if the trophies aren't divided by difficulty level. Unless I'm planning on doing it twice or something.

Hard difficulties would be worthwhile if 99% of games had actual, real difficulty levels but they don't. They have "dumb enemy does the same thing but it hits 100 times as hard" and I really don't see the point, it's just so fucking boring after you've done it a couple times to me.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 8:56 AM, twiztor said:

my pride won't let me play any mode other than "normal". or harder. i have to add that "or harder" part to satisfy said ego. i never play anything tougher than normal unless i'm already well versed in the game.

Hey man, I hear ya. I was in exactly the same boat for ages then one day I realised I suck at games and I'd rather just get through it than challenge myself [/pussy]

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 11:49 PM, Death From Above said:

Hard difficulties would be worthwhile if 99% of games had actual, real difficulty levels but they don't. They have "dumb enemy does the same thing but it hits 100 times as hard" and I really don't see the point, it's just so fucking boring after you've done it a couple times to me.

The only difference I've seen is a game like Killzone 2 where the enemies changed their tactics a bit on Elite Mode. If rushing out of cover to attack, they used cover a bit more and tried to flank you.

After trudging through Metal Gear Solid 2, I really forgot how much I absolutely LOVED Metal Gear Solid 3, just everything about it, the camoflauge system, the lack of radar meaning you had to really sneak around, the limited use supressors pretty much removing the ability to just shoot everything you came across, just a whole lot of stuff done right.  Only thing it really got wrong was the food based stamina system.  That and the ridiculous amount of cut scenes, but by this point you'd expect that out of a Kojima game, but the cut scenes weren't *as* bloated as MGS4's.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Double Dragon 4 is coming from Arc System Works on 1/30 to PS4 and Steam, and it looks pretty lackluster from the trailer we've gotten.

It could be worse -- it could be that Chinese Double Dragon II: Wander of Dragon game that showed up on XBLA...

• RIPPA unpinned this topic