DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Well my point is more people screaming over a rating for a game they haven't played yet (unless they got it off the back of a stolen truck)

It would be me being all CARPET BOMB ANY PLACE THAT DOESN'T GIVE MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA A 10!!!!! now

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

For those who are getting Doom - here are the release date/times and installs

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-get-ready-to-fight-like-hell/2016/05/05/119

It is kinda sad when it's 50 GB for the PS4 and XBone and we all don't bat an eye anymore

I expect the Install for ME: Andromeda to push 60 gigs.  

By next Christmas, 2TB HDDs will be a thing.

• Like 1

So are HDDs remotely easy to replace for the PS4? I only have 500GB so I know I will have to replace that by this time next year. I have barely more than a handful of games, but with Persona 5, Uncharted 4, FF 15, & Rise of the Tomb Raider coming out this year I know I will have little to no space by the time Mass Effect Andromeda arrives.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

So are HDDs remotely easy to replace for the PS4? I only have 500GB so I know I will have to replace that by this time next year. I have barely more than a handful of games, but with Persona 5, Uncharted 4, FF 15, & Rise of the Tomb Raider coming out this year I know I will have little to no space by the time Mass Effect Andromeda arrives.

I'm legally blind and replaced it in thirty minutes. The only hard part was that the big screw that holds the tray in place had bent, on top making it hard to loosen.

Edit: phone hates me today. Stupid ape fingers.

On 5/5/2016 at 1:24 PM, Eivion said:

I'm having to look into a HD for my PS4 as well. I may get a 1 TB since if it's larger than 2 TB, the system has a hard time detecting it/reading from it.

But first, I need to transfer my saves on the existing HD to PS+ cloud storage.

Sean Bean is a nice choice but I may have an extremely hard time becoming attached to a Civ game without Nimoy. I know it was a bit of a struggle with V. Still, I'm curious to see where theyes take the series. Probably a new victory condition for killing the narrator's character.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer. 320237 likes. 1850189 dislikes. It's like a Justin Bieber video, only without the teenage girls who like it.

Sounds interesting. I wasn't as down on Civ V as some and I did get a lot of play out of it... it felt a lot like Civilization 1 to me, except the computer didn't cheat like hell whenever it was most convenient. The new city building sounds like it will really change things up a lot, including map size possibly.

So the thing about Mirror's Edge Catalyst combat is that it kind of sink or swim. You can pull these moves off, but the game does not reveal how to do so nor does it give you cues. Yet it rewards you when you do pull them off, but you never know what the hell you did to trigger it.

I think that CoD trailer is getting way too much hate. It looks pretty fucking great. My only fear is that the space combat will be confined to a tiny part of the game, like Halo: Reach. I'm not looking for Elite: Dangerous here, hell, I'm not even looking for Colony Wars, but if they can make space combat a meaningful part of the game and have that be part of the multiplayer, they'll have my $60.

Now, if a Colony Wars were to ever be made again, I would be willing to spend about $200 on it. Slightly less on a G-Police remake.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, EVA said:

Ubi will officially unveil WATCH DOGS 2 at noon on Wednesday, for release this Fall.

Get your popcorn ready for more JT game journaling.

Which will commence approximately 8 months after the game comes out.

• Like 1