Rocket League

DayZ

Gone Home

Assetto Corso

Ark: Survival Evolved

The Banner Saga
DiRT Rally

Okay - so I will finally play like 4 of those games

I feel like there was a certain point somewhere when EWR switched to TEW that the game got too complicated. It's like playing Franchise Mode in NHL. I don't wanna set the prices of hot dogs in my arena, I want to play hockey. And with TEW, I want to book cards, not do complicated contract stuff.

I feel like there was a certain point somewhere when EWR switched to TEW that the game got too complicated. It's like playing Franchise Mode in NHL. I don't wanna set the prices of hot dogs in my arena, I want to play hockey. And with TEW, I want to book cards, not do complicated contract stuff.

As usual your short attention span rears it's head. 

I love the last TEW, and that is now my most hyped game of 2016 (though Xcom is close, even if I don't think I can play it.

Although it pains my soul to agree with Big Fresh ( ;) ), I had trouble getting into the last TEW also. It felt more like work and less like play, and I like sims normally. Hopefully this next one keeps the same flavor but doesn't go even bigger.

• Like 2

I can understand where you are coming from but I love Football Manager and other management type games, so I'm all about the depth of TEW. It's way more challenging and I think momentum has been the biggest addition since the shift from EWR to TEW.

So pants free. Easily my most hyped game since the last one. I spend way too much time editing and not enough playing, so my goal for this version is to do the opposite.

I need to get through all these games I've gotten for PS4 recently so I can dedicate all free time to this sum'bitch.

Edit: for those on the fence, as per the usual, there will be a trial released a week before the full game's release.

Main things I'm curious about in the new TEW

1. Can we finally play as a development fed? Cause playing as NXT would give me a legitimate reason to play as current real life mods, and I haven't had a reason to do that in years.

2. Play as an Alliance instead of just a fed. Imagine a play through in the Cornellverse (probably only Oyaji will get this) as, say, the Modern Japan Movement or the Confederation of the Territories (or just as the NWA in real life), where you get a major title that can be used in any of the feds. 

3. Also, just the development of the C-Verse. Has Christian Faith retired? How well has NOTBPW been able to develop new top acts? Has the Gino Montero, Mr. Lucha III, and Extraordinario Jr. group lead to the revival of OLLIE as a force in Mexico? Just how big can Swoop McCarthy become? So much cool shit I can't wait to see what happens.

As usual your short attention span rears it's head.

I love the last TEW, and that is now my most hyped game of 2016 (though Xcom is close, even if I don't think I can play it.

After this post, I've decided what my first rookie in XCOM 2 to be sacrificed is gonna be named.

• Like 1

Never been too into the Cornellverse. I've definitely given it a shot or five over the years but I'm more of a real world mod player. I'm working with a small number of individuals on creating a current day mod and trying to find a consensus on wrestler ratings (and to avoid overrating workers like a lot of real world mods tend to). We've got DerekB, who's guide on the mod forum is an essential read imo, helping and it's been great. I recommend anybody that has any interest in TEW and watches current rasslin' to join the board and add their voice to the conversation! Link

edit: I forgot to add that I doubt we'll be able to control entire alliances, though it would be cool. I just can't see it happening if we can't even get an alliance championship to work with the heck of old and outdated programming that the game still uses. I would be shocked, shocked I say, if there wasn't a major overhaul regarding developmental. I can see one or both of being able to control both your main promotion and the development territory (or have way more hands on approach without actually booking it) and/or just being able to control a development territory. Either way, with NXT's success, it's the most frequently requested feature scrolling through the TEW 2016 reaction thread on GDS' forum. I'm sure Adam likes making some money off of these games, so I can't see there not being a huge upgrade on that.

With the WMMA game introducing (poorly imo) company's creating their own subscription-based networks, Adam has said this will be applied to future TEW games IIRC, so we'll have WWE Network and stuff like WWNLive.

Edited by Oyaji

I also preferred EWR to TEW, but I'm still glad the series goes ever onwards. EWR has a serious case as the best wrestling game of its kind ever made.I remember playing older versions of Extreme Wafare back in the VBasic days when you just booked opponents and the game still chose winners. JOB Squad Al Snow beat Triple H for the WWF title, live on Monday Night Raw. Hopefully the new game turns out well, there's a market for management sims now. In a way the series was ahead of the curve.

I both really like EWR while thinking it just didn't have anything even approaching enough depth or difficulty to view it as a game I was overly excited about.

"Hey, I'll sign all the really good guys on the indys, have them work good matches, then have them work feuds with older guys I don't like, and then I'll put up great shows!" Yeah, it works, but it lacks in depth completely. 

Not saying the current TEW setup is perfect or anything. "Technical Wrestling" as a style is a basterdized term, and the difference between "Chain Wrestling", "Mat Wrestling, and "Submissions" can be widely debated. And I think there should be ways to have matches highlight certain guys strengths as well (Booking Cesaro or Ant-Man working in major power spots into there matches to wow the crowd, for instance).

Really, the only thing i can think that TEW lost compared to EWR was the match write ups. I kinda miss those. Would it be that hard to implement them again?

Just a heads up for folks, but a friend of mine in the industry said to keep my eyes open for Gang Beasts rolling out on PS4 following the same release path as Rocket League, making it free for the first couple weeks. Sounds like it's happening really soon.

• Like 2

Just a heads up for folks, but a friend of mine in the industry said to keep my eyes open for Gang Beasts rolling out on PS4 following the same release path as Rocket League, making it free for the first couple weeks. Sounds like it's happening really soon.

Had never heard of this before your post but it sure looks like fun from the videos I just watched. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sure thing. Just keep in mind that this is only what my friend heard and he is not a Double Fine employee. I know better to ask questions, so I'm guessing this is just coming from chatter about upcoming releases, info from a meeting, or my friend speaking with someone from Double Fine. I also have no idea how it will perform.