DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

For gods sake, when I hear TWA I think of that godawful "retirement" match from HBK versus Paul Diamond (?) and Shooter Schultz fucking up his spot dozen times...

I have that card on VHS somewhere. And yep, it was Paul Diamond. He called himself Venom. I forgot that he used One Outnumbered by Prong as his entrance music. Paul Diamond was awesome.

Yeah same here, it was a fun little match from what I remember, but I think I'm right in saying Shawn didn't take a single bump, although he did juice. 

I wonder how badly WWF tried to get him to have a similar match back in 2000.

7things2.jpg

Just got finished reading the part in Bryan's book where he talks about training under HBK and he talks about how Michaels got four guys tryouts in WWE on a Tuesday (Bryan, Kendrick, Schulz...and someone else I'm forgetting) and how Bryan didn't think their match was that good but he got backstage and Michaels went crazy talking about how amazing they were and how WWE would be stupid not to sign them, then went around telling everyone to sign them, two days later and Michaels hadn't heard anything so he phoned up WWE and told them that if they didn't sign his guys, he would take them to WCW where Nash said he would sign them and they all got development deals before the weekend.

Mick Tierney maybe? Irish wrestler, Shawn trainee, had a good run in Memphis and I think worked for Battlarts as well.

I am pretty positive it was Lance Cade

And that was the match where supposedly - they had planned like a 12 minute match and then were told they had only like 5 minutes and Michaels flipped out and basically told them to go their full time

Because TNA is like 1/16 of his work now.

He is one of those guys who is making good money working US indies and UK dates.

I have a strong feeling he is probably enjoying it more too.