DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

When was the last time WWE ran a show in Antarctica?

Wrestling in Antarctica sounds like the kind of bullshit Hulk Hogan would come up with. I wonder why he wasn't at the Metallica Antarctica show.

Cause they ended up hiring Roman Trujillo to play bass instead

You mean Robert Reigns?

• Like 1

Ah, I always get those guys confused!

Hey, totally off topic, but while we're talking WrestleMetal (TM pending): Did The Sandman ever use the "Motorhead" version of Enter Sandman that was on the first ECW Extreme Music CD? (It was really just Lemmy singing with Zebrahead). I was pretty young at the time, but I really only remember hearing the OG version. I always thought HHH should snipe it for a WM entrance or something (though if he uses 'Sympathy for the Devil' off Bad Magic as rumored, that will still be pretty damn awesome and character appropriate).

I loved when ROH did the same thing and used actual songs, as opposed to the custom songs they use now. Although, Roderick Strong still uses Misery Singals "A Victim, A Target". As for their original themes, I like ReDRagon's and the Kingdom's. I'm surprised Eat The Turnbuckle hasn't done any themes for ROH. They're from Philly and it would be more exposure for them.

Hopefully the South American title was controlled by Titanes en el Ring.

Don't you dare give me dreams of some sort of lost classic in the unification tourney between Pat Patterson and Momoia De Elvis!

James

First off - the NJ guys given notice has been brought up in two other threads so we can not worry about that here.

I'd suggest that until we know more, the general thread is the place to talk about it. People outside of the Japan threads will be interested, and since any WWE/NXT talk for any of them will be purely speculative unless and until there's some strong indicators (or an announcement) that they've signed.If that's a no, then this isn't my hill to die on, and I won't say more, but I'm just sayin'...

Meltzer confirmed that the WWE went after (which I am assuming means signed) Nakamura, Styles, Gallows and Anderson.

So we basically know who and where so I am comfortable where the discussion is now.

That being said - if it is suddenly everyone starting on the main roster - that is a different story

Luke Bryan?

Only if Jarrett is also a surprise entrant, and he hits Luke Bryan over the head with his guitar.

Or Honky Tonk Man. Or Heath Slater. Or anybody, really. I just really dislike Luke Bryan and want to see him suffer some head trauma.

• Like 2

First off - the NJ guys given notice has been brought up in two other threads so we can not worry about that here.

I'd suggest that until we know more, the general thread is the place to talk about it. People outside of the Japan threads will be interested, and since any WWE/NXT talk for any of them will be purely speculative unless and until there's some strong indicators (or an announcement) that they've signed.If that's a no, then this isn't my hill to die on, and I won't say more, but I'm just sayin'...

Meltzer confirmed that the WWE went after (which I am assuming means signed) Nakamura, Styles, Gallows and Anderson.

So we basically know who and where so I am comfortable where the discussion is now.

That being said - if it is suddenly everyone starting on the main roster - that is a different story

Why would you assume went after means signed? Went after implies the attempt to sign or enter negotiations about signing, but not signing. 

No Fale? You'd think a Tongan hoss would be right up Vince's alley.

No thanks. Fale sucks. How can you be a wrestler from the Pacific Islands and still be a shitty athlete?

Ask Sim Snuka. He should know.

I thought he was adopted.

Can someone recommend puro that actually feels like puro, and not Asian WWE?  Maybe I'm cranky or depressed or whatever, but Wrestle Kingdom didn't grab me at all, after years of it being the only major wrestling show I look forward to.  It's to the point where every big match feels exactly the same as the last, and I find myself getting through the show instead of being invested in it.